Chapter 7

-S-

I inhaled deeply, taking another swing as I threw the dagger accurately towards the target board; hitting the bull's eye for the hundredth time today.

      "Weak. I'm not weak." I threw another dagger, hitting the wall. I slumped down, burying my face in my hands from exhaustion.

      I breath deeply, "Happy birthday to me." I mumbled. For all I know, the day's almost over and they're still not back yet.

      I stood up, taking a broom and started cleaning the entire house to pass the time.

      Maybe Levi's right.

      Probably he already had enough of saving me.

      I can't blame hime, he's right.

It's been three weeks; I sat in the same sofa in the living room first thing in the morning everyday, waiting for them show up.

      And it was starting to get lonely again, I'm missing every single moment.

     Like how Isabel recklessly barges through the door as Farlan walks behind her, filling the house with their voices.

     Or like how Levi held the cup in his odd way, one leg crossed over the other and his other other draped behind the chair.

      What if they left me?

      "I won't leave you, I promise."

      I clutched my head, gritting my teeth as Levi's words and voice passed through my mind.

      He left me. Because I'm weak. And the weak disgusts him.

      But he promised.

      Tears started rolling out of my eyes, asking myself: Why do the ones I care about have left me?

      Mom, Farlan, Isabel, Levi.

      I curled up into a ball, bawling my eyes out --

      Then I heard a knock coming from the door.

      "Levi!" I mumbled excitingly, quickly wiping away my tears and hurriedly ran to the door.

      I knew he'd come back for me.

      I grabbed the knob and twisted it, swinging the door open.

      "Levi--"

      No. . .no.

      This can't be happening.

      And yet it is.

      I slowly backed away, falling in the process as he stepped inside. I shakingly took my knife from the table, but his men got it first.

      "No more friends to protect you?" He sneered, walking closer.

      "W-w-what are y-you d-doing here. . .f-father?" I stuttered, my back hitting the wall. "They will come back here any minute. . .a-and Levi will k-kill you."

      "Is that your friend?" He laughed, "Heard they already are citizens above."

      What is he talking about?

      I was unable to move; I was speechless as his men hoisted me up, taking me away from the only place where I found freedom, happiness, and created memories; a safe haven. And now they're taking me back to hell.

-LEVI-

There has been no day where I wouldn't think about her. Is she fine? Does she know we were captured by the Survey Corps and are currently in their HQ?

      If there's one thing currently going on in her mind right now; it's the promise I made.

      Three long weeks has passed ever since her birthday; since our capture, and we still haven't made any progress on the mission.

      I laid in the bed, my arm just above my forehead. Sniffles were heard from my side where Farlan comforts a crying Isabel.

      They constantly worry about Sev; everyday and every night, they just wished we could go down there and retrieve her.

       We gave our time to train for an expedition that is approaching soon, and our only hunch left is that Erwin carries the documents we intend to steal with him all the time.

      This expedition is our last gamble.

      And all of this will be over soon.

      Then we'll get her out of that hellhole.

"Hey, Big Bro," Isabel sniffled, wiping away tears. "This was my dream to see the outside world, in a few days, I'll finally be seeing it. But. . .it just feels different without Sev. . .Like half of my dream is incomplete."

      Farlan didn't speak but only held a frown at her words. Isabel continued crying in Farlan's arms, having the feeling to miss someone dear to you.

      And I'm also feeling it.

      "When we get those documents," I said, "first thing we do is get her."

      Then a knock came from the door, before we got the chance to know who it was, our squad leader stepped in disrespectfully.

      "Tch."

      "You thugs better get your asses to training now," he scowled and exited quickly.

      "He should learn some respect," Farlan muttered as we strapped on our gears and walked to the training grounds.

      I arrived at an area where we are trained to use our 3DMG. Four Eyes, Section Commander Hanji Zoe, stood beside me with a few of her squad members and signalled for me to go.

      "You're holding it wrong," retorted our squad leader -- Flagon.

      I looked down on my blades, seeing that I held the other in the opposite direction. "Tch. As long as I get to cut it, then it doesn't really matter."

      Flagon furrowed his eyebrows and gritted his teeth, showing full resentment towards me but I didn't care. It was the least of my worries.

      I breath deeply, attatching my hooks to nearby trees and took off.
I studied the area carefully, ready for any attack, then the first titan dummy came out. I quickly swerved to the side, rising up and dove down, making a clean cut in one swift movement.

      "Amazing!" I heard the Four-Eyes beam.

      "Incredible speed!" Said one of her members.

      "Tch, annoying." I mumbled and sliced 15 more titan dummies before landing back beside Hanji.

      I sheathed my blades and took out a handkerchief, wiping away the dirt sticking to my skin.

      "You should learn to preserve more gas." Flagon approached me, annoyed. "With that recklessness in the battlefield, you're as good as dead."

      He stopped in my tracks all of a sudden. I paid him no attention and tried to walk around, but he stopped me, making me slightly irritated.

      "You should learn some manners, scum." He growled.

      Scum.

      I turned to him; my eyes deathly cold, staring straight into his courageous facade. His face turned from fierce to fear by simply reading my face.

      "Get out of my way."

      He shakingly stepped aside, quickly running back to HQ as I approached Isabel and Farlan.