Chapter 42

-LEVI-

Poisoned?

      "How?" I asked bluntly, trying to hide how worried I was.

      "It didn't come from her food during dinner, it was like she took it on purpose," Hanji replied.

      I raised a brow, telling her to explain more.

      "We found a bottle of the same pills inside her pocket so it's either she wasn't aware that it was poisoned or she was trying to. . .kill herself."

      Kill herself?

      No. I know her too well; she can do anything but kill herself. So she wasn't aware the pills were poisoned, but who did it?

      I clicked my tongue, sighing in frustration as I turned on my heel. "I'll watch her for the night," I said absent-mindedly, earning confused looks from them.

      "What got you so suddenly concerned about her well-being," Hanji teased, wiggling her eyebrows.

       "Shut up." I hissed as she only laughed.

       "She's kinda. . .fine," Hanji scratched her nape unsurely. "Well I still can't confirm her current state, but if she hadn't puked out the pill, she was as good as dead. But atleast she's still breathing."

       I ignored her and walked to the door, placing my hand on the knob.

       "Sir, Eric said he'll watch her." Jean said.

      Him again?

       "Tch." I rolled my eyes, ignoring him as slowly opened the door.

I should ask her how she got those—

I abruptly stopped in my tracks, feeling a sudden pain hit my chest as my eyes landed on the bed by the corner of the infirmary.

Sara lay completely weak and unconscious with Eric laying asleep beside her; his arms wrapped protectively around her while she snuggled in his chest. They slept peacefully in each other's arm while light snores escaped their mouths.

I was too late. . .

Again.

My hand clutched the left part of my shirt, anger rising up my spine.

That should be me.

I held my usual stoic face, trying to cover up the pain I was feeling inside. Should I wake him up and let him leave or. . .let them be? I debated with myself for a moment. I hated what was laid in my vision, and yet I can't bring myself to do something about it.

What if she's already happy with him?

She doesn't want me anymore in her life, she's perfectly contented with what she have now. . .

After a minute, I finally came to a decision.

I clicked my tongue, turning on my heel as I made my way towards the door.

——

-S-

Everything hurts. My body, my internal organs, even moving my eyes to open.

      I felt myself being wrapped in something, more someone's arms. I fluttered my eyes open to see a chest infront of me. Then I hear light snores; I looked up and saw Eric sleeping peacefully while he had his arms wrapped around me, pulling me close. I stared at him for awhile, studying his facial features.