Chapter 37

-LEVI-

"A sudden meeting again?" I deadpanned, crossing my arms as I scanned the faces of my fellow higher ups.

      "Yes." Erwin said seriously.

      "Spit it out already, I still have to supervise the brats' cleaning." I stated impatiently.

      "Levi we agreed on giving the cadets a day off for two days," sighed the Commander. "And cleaning is one of them."

      "Tch. Just say what you want to say."

      Erwin nodded and laid out a folder infront of him. "We'll be chasing another thug this time."

      Another thug?

      We all gave him confused looks, then he cleared his throat and spoke. "Unlike Severine Yaruno—"

      I sat stiff in my seat, suddenly remembering that Erwin still doesn't know that Severine is actually alive and just somewhere near us.

      "We have confirmation from the MP that this criminal is very much alive and has been spotted walking in the Underground city with also one of our target, Elisa Sakaki." He continued. "Although the MP's are not that sure if it was really Sakaki they spotted, we still need to capture this thug and force him to join the Scouts."

      "The record here states that he's also a mass killer but not that much of a threat compared to Severine Yaruno two years ago," Hanji said, then her eyes gleamed. "I'll make him help me with my experiments!"

      I sighed deeply, "When are we heading to the Underground?"

      "After lunch." Replied Erwin, "So get ready."

-S-

"Come on, bud." I grabbed the reigns of my pearl-white stallion and walked him out of the stable.

      "Where are you going?" A voice spoke from behind just as I was about to mount on my horse.

      "A visit home, Captain." I replied flatly.

      "Where?" Levi raised a brow.

       I tightly gripped on my satchel and closed it to make sure that he cannot see the documents I've stolen inside. I can't tell him I'm heading Underground, I thought to myself, pursing my lips as I replied calmly. "In Sina."

      "You live in Sina now?" He replied unsurely.

      I nodded calmly.

      He then scanned me up and down, clicking he's tongue and turned away without saying another word.

       I sighed in relief, watching him walk back inside. Fortunately, we were given a day off for two days, which made it easy for me to find Boss without escaping.

       "Now," I breathed, "to give her these documents."

——

After a long ride, I finally arrived at Wall Sina. I lead my horse towards a stable, paying for a slot as I caressed it's neck. "I'll be quick bud," I reassured, leaving the place as I walk towards the entrance that leads to the place I despise the most — the Underground City.

      I descended down the familiar cobblestoned steps after two years, taking in the rotten, stenched smell of the place. Everyone were giving me looks as they whispered to each other.

      "It's Severine!"
      "Don't mention that name! Her Boss will kill you if you're heard."
      "What is she doing here?"

       I rolled my eyes at their audible voices, ignoring them as I adjusted my brown cloak to cover my face.