Chapter 13

-S-

This is a mission that I clearly don't understand. For the first time, Boss never told me her motive, but I knew more than not to question her.

I stood under the scorching sun with a bunch of strangers all lined up in rows and columns as a bald man who calls himself Keith Shadis roams around, intimidating every person he spoke to.

"Hey you!" He yelled arrogantly.

"Sir!" replied the young boy.

"What is your name!"

"Armin Arlert, sir!" He placed his right fist on his left side of the chest, while the other arm goes behind his back. "From Shiganshina District!"

"What a stupid name! Why are you here!"

"To protect humanity sir!"

Keith eyed him him up and down, grabbing Armin's head and made him face back. "That's right! You'll serve as bait! Third row, about-face!"

I sighed, rolling my eyes at such annoyance and noise. Who cares if I move anyway? I grabbed my waist-length hair, combing it as I tied it into a ponytail. Then everything went oddly silent, everyone had their eyes on me and I felt eyes throwing daggers at me.

Keith stopped infront of me, anger written all over his wrinkled face.
The sun shone down on his bald head as it reflected into my eyes. I flinched, avoiding such disturbance, but he grabbed my arm.

"Who told you to move without my permission?" He growled.

"I needed to tie my hair, sir." I replied flatly, "And last I checked, I don't need anyone to tell me what to do."

I can feel everyone's eyes widened as the air was filled with gasps and murmurs.

"Silence!" Keith shouted as the noise died down. Then he stepped closer, his face a few feet away from mines. My heart started beating abnormally as memories started flashing back.

Calm down. He's not like them. Focus on the mission.

"You're too close for comfort, sir." I said, keeping myself calm. He stepped back, making me sigh in relief.

"What's your name." His voice was suprisingly calm.

New identity and exoneration of crimes.

"Sara Wielth, sir," I replied, placing my fist over the left part of my chest.

"Why are you here? To find luxury in the walls, I see."

"No sir, the Military Police is for the cowards. I aim to join the Survey Corps."

His face looked like he was impressed. He narrowed his eyes, eyebrows furrowed. "You have guts. But with that damned attitude, that'll give you laps. Run some laps until you die, now!"

I moved from table by table at the mess hall, looking for the ones with the least people in it. As I finally settled down on one, the Shiganshina trio sat infront of me and the horse-face, and the bald kid. I sighed in annoyance, thought I can finally get some time alone.

"What you did back there, was a death wish!" said the bald kid. "Conny Springer by the way."

He was shoved away by the boy beside him, a cheeky grin on his face. "Jean Kirchstein, a-and y-you're very b-beautiful."

I turned to him, eyes dead cold. "Thanks." I replied coldly and went back to eating.

"Where are you from?" the brunette boy from across me asked.

"I'm not telling strangers my address."

As I said those words, the raven-haired girl beside him jolted up in anger, but was pulled down by her friends.

"S-sorry, I'm Eren Jaeger, this is Mikasa Ackerman and Armin Arlert." the brunette boy spoke up.

"From the interior," I said, "Mitras."

"You must have lived a life!" He beamed.

Sure did.

"Stop flirting on her Eren!" shouted Jean as he slammed his hands on the table.

"I am not! Horse face!" Eren retorted back, sticking his forehead to Jean's. Then a second later, he collided his fist with Jean's stomach, causing Jean to fight back. I watched boredly as the two boys had a heated fist fight infront of me and no one even tried stopping them.

I stood up as I suddenly lost my appetite. I grabbed my glass of water and the steaming hot potato and walked my way to our shared dorms. I entered the room, seeing the girl who I had to jogged with hours ago, passed out from thirst and hunger.

"Sasha," I said, "I got food."

Her eyes suddenly opened, her nose sniffing out the potato in my hand. In a blink of an eye, my potato was no longer in my hand, but was in her mouth. She ate it hungrily, not even savouring the taste she loved and finished it in seconds.

"Do you have more?" she asked.

"No." I replied stoicly, handing her the water in which she chugged down in just 2 seconds.

"Thanks," she said and laid back down.

I sighed tiredly, laying myself on the bottom bunk.

"So I'll have to endure this for two years huh?" I mumbled to myself, turning to the side.

And I still can't believe I'm not in the Underground anymore. I'm surrounded by people I barely know, but I'm used to this. The only difference with the people that surrounds me Underground is that people here have different goals in life; a better future to look forward to. Being in the Underground; you have no future, just blood and stolen food in your hands.

I wonder if Levi, Isabel, and Farlan ever thought of me too?

"Forget them, forget them, forget them." I muttered, "They are in the past now, and my past is dead."

I took a pill from my pocket, swallowing it. These pills are what kept me together; it helps me forget about my horrific past and prevents me from having panic attacks. But it's not just easy. Just by looking at my scars, flashbacks suddenly occur. And as I thought of happiness. . .all I can think about was them.

They left you.

And love? All I can think about was him.

I chuckled wryly as a tear rolls down my cheek.

There's no more Severine Yaruno; just Sara Wielth.