Chapter 21

-LEVI-

Why was she pretending? Why was she lying? And the way she spoke to me was full of hatred and anger. . .
She acted like we never knew each other, like we were never friends. But truth be told, I was happy to see her again.

      And I really, really, missed her. Not Sara, but Sev.

      I knocked three times on Erwin's door and opened it as he replied to enter.

      "What brings you here, Levi?" He asked while I took a sit on one of his chairs.

      "Never mind the tests," I said stoicly.

      "What do you mean?"

      "Sara Wielth will officially be on my squad from now on."

      He paused, lifting his head to face me. "I thought you don't want her, what's changed?"

      What's changed? Tch, who would've known this Sara Wielth was my childhood friend. Of course I'd want her to be closer to me now that she's back.

      But I can't tell Erwin that. I sighed deeply and calmly answered, "She can assist in babysitting Jaeger since they trained together."

      "Ah, I see." He smiled, "She'll be glad to know. She's a member of the Special Ops Squad from now on, but we'll let her do the tests tomorrow, I wanna see how great she is."

      I was about to stand from my seat when a knock came from the door.

      "Come in," Erwin said as the door slowly opened and the person stepped in the office.

      I sat back down upon seeing who it was.

      "Sara, I have great news for you." Erwin remarked, nodding as Sara dropped her salute.

      "Sir, I came here--" then she saw me, and her eyes turned colder as she faced back to the Commander. "--to discuss about the squads."

      "What about it? You're officially apart of Levi's Squad now, with or without doing the tests." The Commander calmly replied.

      I noticed her stiffen and her aura darkened. She's not like this before.

      She clenched her fists at her sides and spoke sternly, "With all due respect Captain L-L-Levi, please, I would want to speak with Commander Erwin alone."

      She stuttered when she mentioned my name, it's like as if it would hurt to say it. I crossed my arms over my chest and faced her with my usual glare. "Whatever you have to discuss with Erwin, you have to discuss it with me as well."

      "You're not the Commander." She spat coldly.

      "But I am still the Corpo--"

      "Levi." Erwin cuts me off, shaking his head. I furrowed my eyebrows, realizing that I was losing my calm demeanor. I returned back to my stoic face, walking past her and left the office without another word.

-S-

I was only expecting to see the Commander alone in his office and talk about transferring me in a different squad while I can survey his area and come up with a plan to steal the documents. But as I entered his paper-scented room, the least person I wanted to see was just right infront of me with the usual scowl on his face.

      Levi angrily walks out, shutting the door hard and that left me and Erwin alone.

      "So, what is it about the squads, Sara?" He said, leaning on his chair.

      "I want to be in Hanji's or your squad's, Commander." I replied stoicly  as he gave a confused look.

      "Why is that?" He raised a brow, "Is there a problem or perhaps a conflict with you and one of the members at Levi's squad?"

      Tsk, I can't tell him about me and Levi. I scratched the back of my neck, pretending to be nervous, "I-I'm just not that s-skilled to be in his s-squad. . .that's all."

      He lets out a slight laugh, making me divert my attention to his cabinets and drawers.

      The documents must be in there. I thought, seeing another door by the end of the room. That must be his bedroom.

       His laugh died down a few seconds later, giving me enough time to place my attention back at him.
"Haven't you asked why you were decided in a squad the moment you graduated from the Cadet Corps?" He said.

      Of course I knew why. That bald Shadis kept babbling about my skills. I said to myself, but I continued to play dumb.

     "No sir, why?"

     "It's been years since Shadis recommended a soldier, and once he does that, he really sees something in that soldier." He replied, "Skills and talents are not all we were looking for; hardwork and determination too, which Shadis has seen in you. Now I still haven't seen you in action yet but there were confirmed reports that you took down 60 or so titans during the breach at Wall Rose, and mind you, you're still a cadet in training. You even managed to drive away six titans without using your gear and killed two on foot. With you in the Scouts, and in the Special Operations Squad, fighting side by side with Levi--"

      That's the problem. I don't want to fight side by side with him. I knitted my eyebrows and sighed as he continued.

      "--there's a big chance to win against the titans. Bottomline: you have the potential to be on par with Humanity's Strongest."

      My lips slighted parted at his speech. Honestly, it flattered the hell out of me. But I was not here for compliments, I was here for the mission.

      I care about none of that. I just need to push this distraction away from the mission, and that distraction is Levi.

      "Sir, please," I sighed, "I don't want to be in the Special Operations Squad."

      "I'm sorry, Wielth. But unless you give me a valid reason, you'll still be at Levi's Squad."

      I clicked my tongue in frustration, saluting at the Commander.

      "By the way, head to the training grounds tomorrow after breakfast," he spoke before I turned the knob. "You'll still be doing the tests, but only for us to spectate."

      I nodded without facing him and closed my eyes as I fiddled with the doorknob behind me.

      "I don't know what's your problem with me Wielth, even though we just met. I hate your guts, but you'll still be in my squad whether you like it or not."

      I slightly flinched, hearing Levi's deep voice. He leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed and head bent down.

     I didn't reply as I only rolled my eyes, finally closing the door. I stood still, waiting for him to pass by.

     Then he stood straight, walking past me, but he stopped while his body was turned sideways infront of me.

      "Clean my office tomorrow after the test," he said coldly before disappearing in the dark hallway.

      My heart started racing all over again, goosbumps all over my skin. It's been so long since I've had this feeling.

      He doesn't know me anymore. . .I guess that just makes him less of a distraction now.

STERN (Levi X OC Fancfiction) [ON HOLD]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें