Chapter 27

-S-

I sat boredly in my seat, arms crossed over my chest as I held a cold glance towards anyone who looked at me. I've noticed my squadmates' fear and discomfort whenever I'm around them except Eren who seemed to adjusted himself with my personality.

      Before we arrived here, Levi made a stop in the kitchen while I continued walking without waiting for him. The raven-haired man finally entered with a cup of tea in hand and took his seat in the middle of the table.

      "Why the sudden meeting, sir?" asked Eld.

      "We will be moving to a new headquarter," Levi replied flatly.

      I instantly whipped my head to his direction, hearing closely at what he was saying.

      "The Special Ops Squad only?" Gunther asked. Levi nodded, taking another sip of his cup.

      "I heard we're staying in an abandoned castle?" Petra's eyes gleamed.

      My eyes widened in realization that this will be much harder for me to do the mission now that I'm far from Erwin and his office. "W-what am I gonna do?" I mumbled to myself as I looked down, trying to think of a plan.

      If we move tomorrow, then I'll have to finish part one of the mission which leaves me to the last part left. "I'll not fail tonight. . ." I muttered while rubbing my temples in frustration. But when are we moving?

      As if on cue, Levi read my mind and answered the question.

      "We'll be heading there in ten minutes."

      Everything slowed down upon hearing his reply. My hands shook as I massaged my temples. I turned to Levi, seeing him also staring at me as if he knew I was up to something.

      "Pack your things and we'll meet at the stables." He stated, still meeting my gaze. He knows I'm planning something. . .I trembled as he finally turned away and stood up.

      I sat frozen in my seat while I fiddled with the hem of my shirt. What am I gonna do? Who knows how far this abandoned castle may be? "Relax, relax, " I tried to calm myself down, "I still have 11 months left before the deadline of the mission." If Levi wasn't here in the Survey Corps, I'd gladly take my time as a scout and probably do the mission 2 or a month before the deadline. But at the thought of being in the same building with him for the entire year caused my heart to ache.

      I wanted to forget him.

      I wanted to deny my feelings for him.

      I was so close to doing all that, until we met again in the worst situation possible.

      "Hear that Sara?" Eren interrupted me from my thoughts. "We're going to stay in a castle!"

      I nodded slowly, standing up.

      "Do you need help packing?" Eren asked.

      "No. . .it's fine," I mumbled, still staring into space.

      "Okay, see you at the stables." Eren waved and so did the other squadmates before leaving the room.

      What am I gonna do. . . I slowly walked back to the room, avoiding everyone who greeted me as I pass by.
I entered my room, closing the door shut quietly and settled down in my bed, deep in my thoughts.

      "I need to do something. What if I'll get myself injured. . ." I mumbled quietly, "Since the infirmary's nearest to the office. . .Arghhh! No, no that's stupid. Not so assassin like. Not my style."

      What if I'll steal them now?

      "No, Levi's probably walking around the hallways right now."

      All these thinking caused another migraine to appear. I laid down, sighing hopelessly as my thoughts absent-mindedly drifted off to an irrelevant topic.

      I want to rebuild our friendship with Levi. . .

      "Idiot! What are you thinking at times like these!" I scolded myself, but suddenly realizing how badly I wanted it too.

      He left me.

      I'm weak. . .and he hates the weak.

      He's got nothing to do with me.

      I tried to push all thoughts away about that raven-haired man, but it all keeps coming back. Sometimes I wonder. . .Have I ever crossed his mind? Atleast once? But I was just convinced enough too say that I'm the least of his concerns, maybe because we don't know each other now like we used to before.

      He's now a stranger to me; a stranger I still have feelings for.

      "Hey, Levi," I whispered to myself while staring at the ceiling, "Did you know that I never lost hope? I fought through my father's assaults and kept living in hopes of seeing the three of you again, especially you." A tear slipped down my cheek, realizing the fact that I'll never get to see Isabel and Farlan again. "Seeing you again was enough, but we can never go back to what we used to be before. . ."

      Enough of these thoughts, Sev! I mentally yelled at myself. You have only but one task: complete the mission.

      My eyebrows furrowed again as I pushed every thought of Levi away. Completely discarding and denying him. . .For the meantime.

      Then a knock came from the door.

      "What do you want?" I said coldly.

      "We got to go, Sara." It was Eren.

      Shit, I haven't arranged my stuffs. I quickly walked to my door, opening it to reveal Eren with a confused look. "Can you, uhm, help me pack. . ." I said rather stoicly.

      He raised his eyebrows.

      "Please," I added. He nodded with an ear to ear smile as I stepped to the side and invited him inside.

      I'll find another way to steal those documents.

      After a couple of minutes, I thanked Eren while he handed me my bag as we arrived in the stables. I noticed Levi's annoyed aura from infront of me, making me avoid everyone's presence.

      "You're cleaning most parts of the castle for taking so long," he said bluntly.

      I held a stoic face, mounting on my  horse and mumbled, "Whatever."

      He growled upon hearing my reply but tends to shrug it off while everyone also mounted on their horses and waited.

       "Let's go," he said coldly and rode away as we. followed.