Chapter 2

-LEVI-

It has been hours since our meet up time, and Severine still hasn't shown up.

      "This isn't like her to come very late." Said Farlan, pacing back and forth with the picnic basket on his hand.

      "Something must have happened to her!" Isabel shouted worriedly.

      Something's wrong. I thought to myself. Don't tell me— "She just overslept." I replied calmly, walking to the door. "I'll fetch her."

      "We'll come too!" Isabel said, bouncing up and down.

      "No." I spoke coldly. Sev doesn't want them to know. "I'll be right back, if I won't, we will postpone tomorrow."

      "Are you sure, Levi?" Farlan asked, sitting down.

     I only nodded, shutting the door close and ran to her house.

This will be the first time I will be entering her house after 8 years of knowing each other.

      I held my signature cold face as I open the door without hesitance, the wooden floor creaking as I stepped inside. It reeked of alcohol and cigar, everywhere I turn is dirt, making me scrunch my nose in disgust.

      There was no one inside. Her father's probably with his other whores. Then I heard cries coming from the only room.

     Severine. I quickly ran to the room, barging through the door. I paced around, there was no one else, then my eyes landed in the corner of the room.

     A ravenette had her knees brought up to her chest, shivering badly. My eyes widened at Sev's current state as I approached her.

     She hugged her bare legs tighter and buried her head deeper. "No. . .m-more p-please. . ." She sobbed.

     My hands reached for her shoulders, trying to calm her down but she shook it away. "Sev, look up, it's me." I said in the softest way I can.

     She stopped shaking, slowly lifting her head as her steel grey eyes met mines.

      "L-L-Levi?" Her lips quivered, hugging herself tighter. "W-why are y-you h-here?"

      "You didn't tell me this whole time," I replied. "I'm sorry. . .I should've come sooner." My heart ached just by watching her suffer.

      "I. . .d-don't want you to s-see me l-like this. . ." She replied, "P-please leave." Her knees slowly slumped down, showing her bare body in her underwears.

      My eyes widened seeing her scars. "Sev. . ." I mumbled, "What did they do to you. . .?"

     Her legs and torso were full of scars, stitches, open wounds, bruises, and glass shards. She didn't reply and continued facing down.

      "Can you walk?" I asked as she shook her head, "Get dressed and pack your things. You're staying with us now."

     She looked up, a look of fear in her glassy orbs. "I-I-I can't do that. He'll find us! He has men all over the place!"

      "Then I'll kill him." I stated coldly, her eyes widening.

      "N-no don't! I'll c-come w-with you. . .just don't kill my father. . ."

      I furrowed my eyebrows, "Even after everything he has done? You still call that bastard your father?" She slowly nodded as I let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine," then I stood up, helping her to her feet.

      "Get dressed and we'll leave this place." I said, turning around for her to change.

      I carried her all the way back home, occassionally exchanging winces and sorry's.

She got down from my back and stood straight, hiding her pain as she forced a smile. "I don't want them to know, Levi." She muttered, clutching her torso.

      "They won't," I replied emotionlessly. I twisted the knob to be greeted by two individuals arguing over a broken broom.

      "Levi will be furious, Isabel! You broke his favorite broom!" Farlan half-shouted.

      "That's why I told you to hide it!" Isabel seethed her teeth and paused, slowly realizing we were by the door.

      "Shit." I heard Farlan mumble, quickly kicking the broken broom under the sofas.

      "H-hey Levi--"

      "Sev!" Isabel shouted, running up to her and tackled her in a hug. I can hear Sev wince as Isabel squeezed her scars. I carefully pulled Isabel from the hug and hid Sev behind me.

      "We were worried," Farlan spoke, "what happened?"

      Sev chuckled lightly, as if nothing ever happened and replied calmly, "I overslept since I went to the bar last night."

     "She'll be living with us now." I spoke flatly, watching the two widening their eyes in excitement.

     "Really?" A cheeky smile painted Farlan's face as Sev nodded in reply.

      "We will be roommates!" Isabel jumped in the air, fists up.

      Severine smiled genuinely, nervously rubbing her arms underneath her longsleeves. "I j-just need to rest, can I?"

      "Sure!" Isabel replied, taking her belongings from my hands as I grabbed Sev's hand and lead her to my room.

      "Big Bro, that's not my room--"

      I shut the door and locked it. "Sit on my bed," I said as she nodded while I searched for bandages and ointments. I then knelt infront of her, a kit in hand.

      "I-I can do it myself." She stubbornly said, but my hands continued rummaging through the kit.

      "Take off your shirt." I said emotionlessly as she blushed from embarassment. "I've seen you in your underwears since we were 13, it doesn't make any difference. I won't do anything and you know that."

      She nodded, hiding her face in her hair as she slowly undressed.

      My fingers gripped tightly on the tweezers. I deep breathly, "This will hurt a bit," I plucked out a small shard, hearing her wince in pain.

     "Fuck, it stings." She yelped as I continued.

     "Since when, Sev?" I started a conversation. She faced me as I noticed her badly scarred lips. Who did that to her? Was all I can say in mind, drowning myself in concerns.

      "Since I turned 14."

      Three long years of torture? I can only imagine how she was able to live up to that and still managed to face us with a smile everyday.

      "I guess my fighting skills are useless when it comes to situations like. . .rape." She muttered. "I. . .I suddenly tremble w-when they come near me. . .and next thing I know, I can no longer move. It's different when I fight with the Military Police or the best thugs around here. . .it just hits differently."

      She do possessed skills almost on par with mine, but I can't blame her for feeling that way; we all have fears and weaknesses.

      "That's why you're living with us." I stated, wrapping a clean bandage around her slim waist. "I'll protect you."

      A tear fell on my hand, I looked up to see her crying quietly.

      "Don't worry," I stood up and wrapped her in a reassuring hug. "I'll get us all out of here."

      "What if there's something holding me back?" Sev asked, burying her face in my chest.

      "I won't leave you," I said sternly, "I promise."