Chapter 20

-LEVI-

This is her. It really is her. Severine Yaruno. Someone I thought was dead, someone I thought I'd never get to see again, and yet someone I missed.

      No, this is Sara Wielth. . .as what everyone knew.

      And it's been 6 years ever since.

      W-what is she doing here? In the Scouts? Under a different name? No; why is she here in a different name?

      Millions of questions floated around my mind as I pierced my cold stare through her eyes.

      Nothing's changed. Except her hair that reaches her waist, last I remember she never liked it to go past her shoulders.

      Erwin doesn't know she's the Severine Yaruno we were searching for 2 years ago, all he knows is that she's a skilled, but cold, violent and a hot-tempered soldier.

      Her eyes were cold from the perspective of others, but from mines, they were full of sadness, pain, regret, and anger. All building up in one body.

      She broke eye contact first, looking down on the ground. That's when I realized we've been staring at each other for 5 minutes.

      "Oi Greenhorn!" Oluo spat, "It's still your first day and you're already disrespecting the Captain-"

      "Oluo." I cut him off calmly then turned to my tea, "Brats, introduce yourselves."

      "Sara why don't you introduce yourself first?" Hanji said with a smile.

      I turned back to her, trying to meet her eyes but it was obvious she was avoiding another eye contact.

      She entered the room calm, but the moment our eyes met, she started shaking and her cold demeanor dropped but she regained her posture as she spoke.

       "I-I'm. . ." She stuttered nervously, then she staightened her back and held a stoic face and diverted her gaze to Eren. Her voice was calm and cool, as she continued, "Sara Wielth. Pleasure to be working with you all."

      "Alright!" Eld stood up first as he introduced himself. "Remember me? I was the one that saved--"

      "Eld Jinn." Se-- Sara said. "Yeah, next."

      So Eld introduced himself when they met huh? I thought bitterly and watched the others introducing themselves.

      "I'm Petra Ral!" Petra beamed lightly as she was the last one to introduce herself. "I'm happy to have another woman on the team!"

      Sara only nodded boredly and spoke. "The introductions are done, can I go back now?"

      The nervousness and coldness of her voice made me think she wanted to stay away from me. I sighed in frustration as I faced down.

      "You're funny, Sara!" Hanji snorted, "You can't unless you're dismissed by Captain Shorty over there. Don't you have anything to say, Levi?"

      I whipped my direction to Hanji as I mentally growled. "Tch. Dismissed."

      Erwin and Hanji got out first, and Sara scurried behind--

      "Except Wielth." I stated coldly. "Sit."

      She froze by the door, fists clenched as Eren patted her on the back and the others finally left the room, leaving the both of us.

-S-

It really is him.

      Levi.

      The cold eyes, stoic face, and intimidating aura. The raven colored hair styled in an undercut and the arrogance in his voice made me tremble.

      I must be hallucinating. . .this is just a dream. I just need to take a pill then he'll be gone.

      I tried telling myself that the man infront of me was not Levi, but I had to face the reality. It really is him.

      I quickly scurried for the door as he said 'dismissed', but the moment I took a step--

      "Except Wielth." He said coldly. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth as I turned around while I faced the ground. "Sit," he ordered.

      I walked to the seat farthest to him and settled down. My heart started racing faster and I knew it will be resulting into a panic attack.

      "Where are you from?" He asked.

      I flashed a puzzled look and thought to myself. Why is he asking? Tsk, he just forgot who I am. . .but I don't care.

      "Mitras," I replied as calmly as I can.

      He clicked his tongue like the way he used to before and mumbled to himself, "Tch. Don't fool me," probably thinking I wasn't able to hear it.

      "In this squad, I don't want any troublemakers and people with attitude like you." Levi said coldly.

      I never wanted to be in your squad in the first place. I growled mentally, still not giving him a response.

     "You will address me as Captain, sir or Corporal and you will follow my orders from now on," he continued.

      I placed my hand over my chest, trying to steady my breathing and spoke stoicly, "I'm not yet a part of your squad, sir. I have tomorrow to prove myself, but I don't intend to."

      He shot me a death glare, fuming with irritation as his voice was low and arrogant. "Get out," He said and faced down.

      "Gladly," I muttered quietly and made my way out of the door. I stopped by the doorway, giving him one last glance then I ran to my room.

      I slammed the door shut as I arrived in my room then I placed my hands on my hair and pulled it frustratingly. I slid down the wall, hands still in my hair as I tried to calm myself down.

      Of all people, why Levi?

      Everything was going smooth, then he appeared.

      A-a-and I thought he was dead. . .

      If he's here. . .then Farlan and Isabel must be too. But I think I still can't bring myself to face them.

      What angered me the most is the fact that he never cared about ny presence. Of course, that must be why he broke his promise.

      Being on his squad will distract me from my true goal. . .I have to do something about it.

      "He's in the past now," I mumbled to myself. "Ignore him, forget him, and hate him. Finish the mission and I'll leave this place at once."

      But no matter how hard I tried to force myself to forget him. . .

      I just can't deny that I really, really missed him.

      I took a pill, chugging it down as my breathing slowed down. "If he continues to ignore me, that'll be easier. I'll get the mission done."

      But I got to do something about being in his squad.

      I sighed deeply, slowly standing up. My knees still trembled and heart still raced, but I walked out of my room and made my way to the Commander's office.