Even the Moon

Credits to: Living the good life (wayward-river.tumblr.com)

You sat by the edge of SweetWater River your knees brought up to your chest, it had been a rough few days and this spot had always been your get away. Everything seemed to be going wrong lately, you had managed to fail a test, you had just about wrecked your car three times, and to top everything off you and your boyfriend Sweet Pea had been fighting.

So for the past few days you skipped school and chose to go radio silent, something that shocked everyone you were normally the bubbly look at the brightside one of the group.

The sound of the water with the quietness of the smaller town soothed you as you tried to lull yourself into happy thoughts.

You sighed getting ready to leave you heard the sound of footsteps behind you. You tensed as you had nothing to protect yourself with and your relationship was no secret so there had been a few close calls with some ghoulies. You released the breath you were holding and your body calmed at the sight of Sweet Pea taking a seat next to you. His long legs stretching out as he placed his hands behind him holding his body up as he leaned back.

Your expression hardened at the thought of having another fight. "I really don't want to fight with you right now Pea."

"I'm not here to fight Y/N, I just I'm worried about you."

You scoffed "Why?"

Sweet Pea looked at you even though you refused to meet his eyes. "Because Y/N/N nobody's seen you in days and that is not something you do, you never just disappear."

Your jaw clenched your anger getting the best of you. "Not like you would actually care I bet Toni or Fangs sent you after me. All you have done lately is seem distant and tell me how I can't do things. I can choose to be a Serpent Pea. They are my blood have been for a long time you just need to accept it."

Sweet Pea sat silent. He knew you were doing this with or without his support and after a good three hour ranting from Fangs and Toni about how he has no say in this and should suck it up he decided that the support would be the better option.

"I know, and I've been a real ass Y/N/N and I'm sorry I get it you have my support okay?"

You tore your eyes from the river looking at him your eyes shining with happiness.

"Thank you Pea, I know it's hard for you but I need you to be with me on this." You softly replied inching over to sit in the space his arms had made you leaned your head on his shoulder as you closed your eyes listening to the sounds around you finally feeling a little better now that you and Sweet Pea had worked it out.

"Do you think the moon is jealous of how pretty you are?" His words etching a wide smile on your face as you giggled.

"That was cheesy Pea"

"Yeah well it made my girl smile and I think it's been a rough few days for you."

You hummed in contentment "Let's go home Pea that way you won't feel bad if the moon is jealous."

Sweet Pea kissed the top of your head. "Okay baby lets go home."

Credits to: Living the good life (wayward-river.tumblr.com)