I Married an Idiot

Credits to: southsiderepresent (southsiderepresent.tumblr.com)

Summary: You and Sweet Pea have 3 children and they're always pulling tricks on Sweet Pea.

You were sat on the rocking chair in Alex, your 6-month-old son's room, slowly rocking back and forth and breastfeeding him, when your 3-year-old twins burst into the room, naked. Followed shortly by a flustered looking Sweet Pea, holding your daughters' pull-ups and nightgowns. You'd tasked Sweet Pea with getting the girls ready for bed, you usually did it, but Alex had been sick for the past few days and had spent more time sleeping so his feeding patterns had shifted.

When you first found out you were pregnant, you'd assumed Sweet Pea would be a firm parent, but he'd given you that task when he'd totally melted at the sight of his babies. You'd had to become the 'strict' parent. You should've known that Ally and Ava would pull something on Sweet Pea, but you'd thought he could handle it just this once.

Ava and Ally bound over to you and try to climb onto the rocking chair. "Sweet Pea..." you start, ready to scold your husband.

"They double teamed me!" Sweet Pea shrieks incredulously, causing Alex's eyes to fill with scared tears. "Crap, I'm sorry!" You give him a pointed look at the curse but luckily your twins are paying more attention to baby Alex.

"You're an idiot!" You hiss, gently stroking your sons dark, fuzzy head and rocking him to get him to settle. "I married an idiot."

Sweet Pea pouted and looked down at his bare feet. "Girls, we don't run around naked, do we?" You turn to look at your twins, their wild, dark hair making them the spitting image of Sweet Pea.

Ava immediately ran over to your husband and let him pull her nightgown over her head and her pull-up up her legs by Ally stayed routed in her spot. Ally had always been the naughtier twin, always trying to get Ava to join in with whatever she was doing.

Sweet Pea snuck up on Ally and pulled her into the air, managing to yank her pull-up up her legs before she squirmed free and ran out of the nursery, making Sweet Pea groan. Sweet Pea shoots you a look of apology and darts out to look for your other daughter. Alex finishes feeding, and you burp him, before rocking him to sleep and placing him in his crib.

"Come on Ava, sweetie." You pick your daughter up and she throws her little arms around your neck. As you walk to the twins' room you can hear Sweet Pea bounding after Ally downstairs. With a chuckle you tuck Ava into bed and go to look for your husband.

"Sweets..." You raise an eyebrow at your husband who's in a stare down with your other daughter, her nightgown still in his hand, which is comical when Sweet Pea is so much taller.

Sweet Pea lets out a whine and tosses you Ally's nightgown before collapsing on the couch.

"Ally, if you don't let mommy put your nightgown on and put you to bed, you won't get dessert for a week." You don't often resort to blackmail with your children, but you've been so tired looking after a sick 6-month-old baby, you don't have the patience for your 3-year-old's tantrums.

Ally visibly gasps, her face paling as she thinks over the repercussions and she rushes over to you dramatically grabbing her nightgown and throwing it over her head before running upstairs.

"Really babe? Blackmail?" Sweet Pea chuckles from the couch, his arms spread over the back of it and his feet propped up on the coffee table that you'd cleaned, not two hours earlier.

"It worked didn't it?" You smirk, gently pushing his feet off the table and settling on the couch next to him, throwing your head back against Sweet Pea's arm.

"Hey Y/N." Sweet Pea speaks and you could hear a hint of a frown in his voice and surely enough when you snapped your eyes open to meet his, his eyebrows were furrowed and there was a frown on his face. "When was the last time we went on a date?"

You frown yourself and look upwards trying to remember when you'd last been on a date. "I guess it must've been the night Alex was conceived, over 15 months ago!" Sweet Pea's frown deepens and he's about to speak when Alex's wail comes over the baby monitor. You leap up and press a chaste kiss to Sweet Pea's lips.

When you return downstairs to Sweet Pea he's texting away furiously on his phone, a small grin on his face. "What you doing, baby?" You pout curiously, trying to look at Sweet Pea's phone, but he immediately locks it and slides it back into his jeans.

"Just talking to Toni." He gives you a smile and wraps his arm around you, pressing a kiss to your cheek.

The next day, when you come home from work, (Sweet Pea is a stay at home dad, whilst you work) your children are no-where to be found and there's a suspicious amount of silence. Usually the twins run straight for you as soon as you step foot in the door.

"Sweet Pea?" You call out, tentatively looking around. "You didn't snap and kill the kids, right?" You joke, toeing off your pumps.

Just then your husband appeared, dressed in a pair of grey slacks and a dark blue dress shirt. He was holding a bouquet of lilies of the valley, your wedding flower.

"The kids are with Toni and Cheryl, babe." Sweet Pea gently pushed the flowers into your hands. "These are for you, we're having date night."

A smile took over your face. "Oh Pea... thank you so much." You lean up and smash your lips against your giant of a husband's.

"Go and get changed." He nods his head in the direction of the stairs and pats your backside as you pass him.

When you return downstairs you're wearing a deep burgundy dress, which hugs your curves and shows a hint of your cleavage (which has never been bigger, thanks to breastfeeding), black high heels and a light covering of makeup.

Sweet Pea's jaw drops at your appearance and his face flushes slightly. "Maybe we should skip dinner." Your husband mutters as he stalks towards you, before smashing his lips yours in a passionate kiss. His hands trial down your back until they rest on your backside, giving a gently squeeze he groans.

You take the opportunity to pull back and whine. "Pea! You smudged my lipstick!" You disappear into the toilet to reapply your lipstick.

"Was that a no to skipping dinner?" Sweet Pea calls out, rubbing his hand over his mouth and scowling at the lipstick that comes away onto his hand.

"You're an idiot, Pea!" You call back, repeating your words from yesterday. "I married an idiot!"

Credits to: southsiderepresent (southsiderepresent.tumblr.com)