CROWNED : THREE

Credits to: Read More Write Hard (theangriestpea.tumblr.com)

PART THREE: HAPPINESS

Hazel eyes flew open as gasps of air escaped her open mouth. The crown princess of the Northside kingdom sat up and ran a hand damp with cold sweat through her hair. Another night, another nightmare. Her heart banged painfully in her chest, the sound hammering loudly in her ears.

Someone knew her secret. What she did. Someone knew and was threatening to blackmail her.

Shortly after being comforted by her little sister, Shanna found a handwritten note in her bedroom that read: I know what you and the prince have done. You will give me what I want or else the whole kingdom will know how much of a whore you are.

It plagued her twenty-four seven over the course of the past three days. No other demands had been made yet. She had no idea who this could be or what they wanted. What she did know was that if anyone found out about her sleeping with Prince Sweet Pea, then it would ruin the alliance the North and South had for the time being. They needed their army. Her kingdom could fall without it.

She'd been waking up almost every hour during the night and she knew she was starting to look terrible because of it. Not only because of the nightmares but also because just the thought of Sweet Pea had her eyes tearing up. She felt so miserable.

Lily had noticed the decline in her sister's mental health. She tried to get her to talk about what was happening, but Lavender just would shut her out. She knew there had to be more going on than what she happened with the Southside prince.

Shanna laid back down and stared up at her ceiling. She was afraid to close her eyes. She was afraid to fall asleep just to see her kingdom in ruins again. Overrun by Greendale and its horrid queen. Her family dead. Nothing left to her name but the smoldering rubble that was once her home.

|\/\/|

"What color scheme were you thinking for the wedding, Princess Shanna?" The wedding planner asked as she jotted down various notes. It was the first official day of planning. There had so far been talks of location and time. The king and princes discussed treaty finalities before the wedding process could begin. The time had finally come to start getting the ceremony together.

Shanna was exhausted. Despite the heavy amounts of concealer under her eyes, there were dark circles prominent under them. It was obvious that something was bothering her. Despite this she answered the questions, "lavender and sea foam green." She replied.

The young Lodge woman looked up at the princess, her expression skeptical. "Your highness, if I may be so bold, I believe jewel colors would be more appropriate than pastels. Ruby red, emerald green, onyx. They are more sophisticated than pastels. How about a deep purple instead?"

"You may not be so bold." Shanna practically snapped at her, "I want pastels."

"Your father mentioned that he'd prefer darker, more regal colors, Princess." Veronica said in an attempt to reason with her. "It is a more customary tradition. How about royal blue and gold to match the family crest?"

Shanna's tired eyes narrowed. "No. I hate the family colors. I don't care what my father wants, it's my wedding. It's the only wedding I'm ever going to get and I want lavender and sea foam!"

Ronnie could tell she wasn't going to get anywhere with the princess. She looked to the crown prince instead. "Prince Forsythe...please, talk some sense into her."

Jughead looked between the two girls. "It is Princess Shanna's wedding day. She can have whatever she wants. Including a pastel color theme. We can always get another planner if you're not willing to do it."