His Ring

Credits to: southsiderepresent (southsiderepresent.tumblr.com)

Summary: Something is different about your boyfriend, but what is it?

You regarded Sweet Pea with careful eyes. Something was different about him, but you couldn't put your finger on what it was.

You'd been dating Sweet Pea for 3 years, after he graduated Riverdale High he'd gone on a road trip and had come back with you. You were a foster child, no real ties to anyone, so you didn't hesitate to leave with Sweet Pea.

You thought that you'd memorised every detail about Sweet Pea during those 3 years, but something was definitely different about his appearance. Your eyebrows furrowed, and you tilted your head as your eyes flickered up and down the length of his body.

"What's up, princess?" Sweet Pea caught your gaze as you went to start from his raven-haired locks again.

"Something is different about you..." you pouted slightly, still unable to put your finger on what's different about your boyfriend.

Sweet Pea chuckled nervously. "Nothing's different about me princess."

You decided to let it go, after all if there really was something different about your boyfriend, you'd be able to notice it right?

It wasn't until Sweet Pea had stripped off for bed that night and left his dog tags on the bedside table that you released what had been different about your boyfriend. The ring that usually accompanied the dog tags was absent.

When Sweet Pea came back into your shared bedroom he was greeted by you clasping his chain between your hands. "Fuck" he exclaimed as he settled down on the bed next to you.

"Where is it, Pea?" Your voice was soft, you knew that the ring was very special to Sweet Pea, it was the last thing he owned of his grandmothers, they had been very close, and he had been devastated when she died 6 years previously. She had raised Sweet Pea since he had been a toddler, her own daughter unable to handle the pressure of a small child. If the ring was missing then Sweet Pea was bound to be upset, but he wasn't.

"Uh..." Sweet Pea avoided your gaze as he tried to come up with a reasonable explanation. He swore and released you wouldn't believe anything he told you. "It's being resized." Sweet Pea's voice was low, you weren't supposed to find out what he had been planning.

"Resized?" You were completely confused, the ring was his grandmother's engagement ring, there was no way it could be being resized for him to wear, he wouldn't wear an engagement ring. But you would. You gasped, realisation washing over you. "Sweet Pea..."

"I had everything planned out." Your boyfriend chuckled slightly. "I should've guessed that you'd noticed the ring was missing, you were always too observant for your own good."

"It's... being resized... for me?" You were stunned, you really had no idea that Sweet Pea wanted to propose to you.

Sweet Pea pushed a hand through his dark hair, a nervous habit that he had. "Yeah, princess, for you."

You opened your mouth to speak but no words would come out. Instead, a small sob left your mouth and your eyes overflowed with tears.

"Fuck." Sweet Pea muttered and pulled you onto his lap. "You don't have to, you don't have to marry me Y/N, it's okay, we don't have to get married." He certainly had not expected this reaction.

"NO!" You exclaimed and pulled yourself out of his arms and kneeled in front on your boyfriend, oh god this was going to be one of the last times you could call him your boyfriend. "You really want to marry me, Pea?" You couldn't believe Sweet Pea wanted you for the rest of his life, even your own parents hadn't wanted you.

"Of course, I do, Y/N." Sweet Pea's eyes were glossy with unshed tears.

"Ask me." You smiled at the Serpent.

"What?" His confused eyes met yours.

"Ask me, Sweet Pea." You nodded and pointed at your bedroom floor.

"But, but I don't have, have-" He stuttered.

"Just ask me Sweet Pea." You laughed.

The man laughed and shook his head before taking one knee on your bedroom carpet. "You are the love of my life, Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you make me the happiest man in the world and be my wife?"

Before Sweet Pea realised what was happening, you'd thrown yourself into his arms. "Of course I'll marry you Sweets!"

And that was how the ring that used to live on the chain round Sweet Pea's neck came to live on your ring finger.

Credits to: southsiderepresent (southsiderepresent.tumblr.com)