#1 Priority

Credits to: Fangirl With Way Too Many Fandoms (galaxyrose10.tumblr.com)

You were so happy when Sweet Pea told you he made the basketball team. Hell, you were probably more excited then he was. You were always there to support him, whether it was cheering him on at a game or just waiting outside for him after practice. Everything was fine. Until you two started becoming distant. You always wanted to talk to him about how you were feeling, but right when you got a moment alone with him, Sweets had to leave, leaving you devastated.

Instead of keeping your feelings bottled up, you wrote them down in a journal. You wrote major events about your life in there. It was either a stress reliever or just a place to vent. Sure, some tears fell onto the pages, but it wasn't like anyone was going to see it? As the weeks went on, you still were there, supporting your boyfriend. You never got around to talking about how you felt because you knew how he was about Riverdale High or the Northside in general and you didn't want to get in the way of it, even though it kinda hurt you.

Sweet Pea was completely oblivious to how you felt. I mean, he's not a mind reader. He loved how "calm" you were whenever he had to stay longer for practice or you guys couldn't just hang out alone. It was like every time you guys hung out, there was at least one member of the team there. Also, double dates aren't as romantic.

Soon you got upset at the whole situation. He was missing dates and you barely saw him anymore. You had spent hours crying about what to do. You couldn't ask Sweets to choose. You decided that you were being too dramatic about the whole thing, yet the thoughts in the back of your mind still lingered, making you second guess your decision.

After weeks of this going on, you finally had a moment of peace and alone time with your boyfriend. It was exactly what you wanted and potentially needed. You stepped out to go get popcorn and drinks for movie night. Sweet Pea had found something poking out from under your pillow. He started reading and at first, it was the happiness and excitement about everything that had happened. Then as he read on, he found how you really felt.

"What the hell?" he said to himself. Sweets had seen the dried tears on the pages. Your words had brought tears to his eyes. He felt horrible about everything. When you came back, he instantly wrapped you into a hug.

"What's going on? Is something wrong?" you asked, confused.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked you, his voice trying not to break.

"What are you talking? What didn't I tell you?" You said as you pulled away. He held up the book of truth. Once you saw it, tears rimmed your eyes instantly. 

"I... I didn't want you to have to choose. You seemed so happy and you were making so many new friends. I didn't want to get in the way of what makes you happy." You tearfully admitted.

"When did you start feeling like this?" he asked, completely heartbroken.

"When you forgot about our date at Pop's and went to out with the team instead. I didn't want to ruin your good time." You said, looking down. Sweet Pea had remembered that night. It was the night they found out that the team was going to the championship. He was only with you for a split second that night. Tears were falling from his eyes. He was so upset with himself. You were here, supporting him throughout everything. Putting his happiness before yours and being so upset that you were crying almost every time he missed spending time with you. You could see how distressed he was and you hated that.

"Listen Sweets it's fine. It doesn't matter." You said, raising your voice a little bit.

"No, (Y/N), it's not fine. It does matter! What matters is that I never noticed how upset and hurt you were. I should've tried to make more time for you. I made a commitment to the team and completely forgot the commitment I made to you. I shouldn't have just assumed that you were okay. I'm sorry, babygirl. I know that doesn't make it better but I'm going to make try to fix this, because basketball may make me make happy, nothing could make me happier than being with you. I love you (Y/N)." 

You just stood there in shock, trying to take in every word that was said. Tears were streaming down both your faces. "Sweets..." you started.

"I know you're upset right..." he tried to say, but you cut him off with a kiss. He kissed back and a passionate kiss began. It was full of the unspoken words and forgiveness that had needed to be said. Everything just seemed to melt away, all the problems had been solved.

When you both pulled away, you said, "I forgive you, Sweets. Also, I love you too." He smiled bigger than the day he found out he made the team. He scooped you up and planted another kiss on your lips.

"I'm going to make you my #1 priority. Okay?"

"Are you sure?"

"I've never been surer of anything in my life than you, babygirl."

"I love you, Sweet Pea."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."

Credits to: Fangirl With Way Too Many Fandoms (galaxyrose10.tumblr.com)