The One with the Truth About Prom

Credits: lost in my mind (southsidewrites.tumblr.com)

Summary: You and Sweet Pea have been dating since Senior Prom, and now, you're getting married. In an attempt to find a minister (who won't stare at your boobs), a secret from that night all those years ago gets brought to the surface.

Based on episode 7x16 of Friends: The One with the Truth About London

You set down your beer with an exasperated sigh. Your conversation had been moving in endless circles, and you were thoroughly sick of it. Wanting to be anywhere else, you glanced around the bar to see Jughead and F.P. laughing over a game of pool. You didn't even love pool all that much, but it looked endlessly more fun than arguing with your fiancé.

"Oh, come on, Sweet Pea, this is getting ridiculous. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that minister, and you know it."

"Beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous, amazing, Y/N," Sweet Pea drawled, wrapping his arms around your shoulders and kissing you on the temple. "There's no way in hell we're going with that minister."

"Do I even want to know why, Sweet Pea?"

"Did you see how much he was spitting? If that desk wasn't between us, I'd have needed a raincoat," he exclaimed, shaking his head. "No way I'm getting within three feet of him."

You groaned and leaned over the bar to snag another beer from the cooler behind the bar. Then, you slid back into place on your barstool and glared at him. "Fine, that's two ministers you've vetoed for utterly idiotic reasons. What about the third guy?"

"Oh, you mean Reverend Horny? The guy couldn't take his eyes off your chest—vow of chastity, my ass."

"Sweet Pea!" you exclaimed. "First of all, he was a pastor, and certainly didn't take a vow of chastity. Second, he was not staring at my chest. I think I would have noticed.

"Would you have?" he asked, giving you a skeptical look. "I mean, guys stare at your chest all the time. I'd imagine you've started zoning them out entirely by now."

All you could do was roll your eyes. "That's ridiculous."

"It might be, but I'm still not going to be able to say 'I do' if I know the minister's thinking, 'yeah, man, I'd do her, too!'" He picked up his beer and took a sip.

"Fine, Sweet Pea, fine. We still need to find a minister, though. Someone had to marry us, and we're quickly burning through every available minister in upstate New York."

"That's a little dramatic, babe," he replied. "You act like it's the end of the world if we don't find a minister."

"Not the end of the world, but surely the end of our wedding."

"What's the end of the world?" Toni asked, catching you and Sweet Pea by surprise as she and Fangs walked into the Wyrm.

"Well, somebody—" You shot a glare at Sweet Pea. "Seems to be determined to reject every minister in New York for some reason or another."

"Babe, he really was staring at your boobs," he exclaimed, lifting his hands in surrender.

"Can't say I blame him," Toni said with a shrug, ducking behind the bar to make herself a drink.

"You people are ridiculous," Sweet Pea groaned, dropping his head into his hands with a groan.

"Why not just have one of us do it?" Toni asked. "It takes like twenty minutes to get ordained online."

"Dibs!" Fangs shouted, hopping off his barstool and nearly knocking your beer off the bar. "Dibs, dibs, dibs!"

You couldn't help but laugh, but Sweet Pea had taken on an uneasy expression. "Fangs," he said slowly. "No offense or anything, but—" He took a deep breath. "There's no way in hell you're marrying us."