Referee

Credits: Almost not a Teen Fangirl... (justateenfangirl0616.tumblr.com)

It's amazing how life can go from bad to a complete and total shitstorm

Yesterday, you had been refereeing small scraps between serpents. Today, you were watching – No point even attempting to referee – a battle of epic proportions between the serpents and the Riverdale High Bulldogs.

The rain poured as you stood from Sweet Pea's bike, moving to stand at the edge of the group of teenagers, keeping an eye on the boy you loved, making sure that he wouldn't get hurt too bad. Serpents didn't use hospitals unless absolutely necessary, so that left his injuries up to you, and if they were really bad, Tall Boy.

Streams of water continuously ran from your leather jacket, as your hair began to soak, but the fight had yet to begin. Sweet Pea moved through the crowds of the gang to make his way to Archie Andrews, the one who provoked all of this. Standing there, Sweet Pea gave Archie a stone cold glare from above, and as if in slow motion, the Andrews kid lifted his right hand and smashed it into Sweets eye, knocking him to the ground.

There was always that little bit of fear when Pea got himself into these things, but you knew that it would take a lot more than some Northside jock to take him out. That's when all hell broke loose, the boys from both sides joining the fight and colliding with each other. Through the commotion it was hard to keep track of Sweet Pea, but when you caught sight of him again, he was up from the ground, grappling with Archie, struggling to push him to the pavement.

You fiddled with the keys in your pocket as you watched the fight. The boys raged on in the downpour as if it were a real war, and you suppose it was – The War of Riverdale. Archie had fallen, and Sweet Pea continued to beat on him, and that's when you noticed the knife. Dilton Doiley had brought a knife to a fist fight, and they call us dishonourable you thought. That's when you decided to intervene, this had gone too far, and it was all because of the goddamn Northsiders again.

Jogging into the fray, you dodge punches and power through elbows in the ribs, until you reach the boy on the ground. Looking up, he notices the anger on your face, knife still in hand. He makes his move, and before you know it, there is a knife slash in your left thigh, he moved too fast for it to be avoided. Stumbling back, you fall back on your hands. Your leg was on fire and looking down, you realize there is a growing dark spot on your black denim skinny jeans. You move your hands to cover the wound, placing pressure on it to stop the bleeding. A shout of anguish escapes your throat, but goes unheard – a gunshot covering the noise. The boys surrounding you all turn to look at the Lodge girl, her arm raised in the air, holding a gun.

Not a second after that everyone was running to their bikes and cars trying to get out of here. In the commotion, someone had taken Doily from where he was laying on the ground. You tried to stand, pushing yourself onto your knees, but failing to go any further. Your breathing was coming out in gasps from the pain as your palms dug into the pavement, head hanging. That's when you heard Sweets yelling for you.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" his voice shook, you could hear the panic and it made you wish you had've just stayed where you were, but you had to protect your family.

"Over here" You're voice came out weaker than intended, but he had heard. His footsteps could be heard, and when he reaches you, he falls to his knees in front of you, grabbing your face in his large hands before tilting it to meet his eyes.

His chocolate brown eyes were laced with concern, "What happened baby?"

Grabbing his shoulder, you use it to steady yourself, bringing the uninjured leg in front of you and placing the foot on the pavement. Pushing off of the ground and Pea's shoulder, you stand. A gasp of pain releasing itself as your leg continues to throb with your heart beat. Looking down, his eyes went wide and he wasted no time in picking you up in his arms, walking to the only Serpent car left there, Fangs just about to get into the driver's seat.

"Dude, I need your car" Pea says sternly, taking the keys out of his hand before he can answer, "Take my bike and meet us at Tall Boy's"

Careful not to drop you, he reaches into the pocket of your Serpent jacket before handing the keys to Fangs. Without a word, Fangs runs to the passenger door and opens it for Pea, Pea quickly makes his way to the other side of the car, lowering you in. Grabbing the seat belt, he pulls it around your chest before clicking it into place. You can feel your eyes droop before his hand cups your face again.

"You need to stay awake for me, okay baby girl? That's all you gotta do." he says before leaning in to place a kiss against your damp forehead. You try to throw him your usual cocky smirk, but it turns into a grimace as another throb of pain goes through your leg.

He takes that as his cue that you need to get out of there, backing out and slamming the car door, running to the driver's side and jumping in. As soon as the car is started, he pulls out from the parking spot before speeding down the road. Moving one hand from the steering wheel, he places it on your knee. Your head rolls lazily to the side as you look at him, trying to express how much you love him just through a look.

He looks back at you with the same intensity, "Keep pressure on the leg, we're almost to Tall's" he spoke, fear ever present in his quiet tone.

Looking down you see the slash in your pants, the cut was deeper than you thought, blood still pouring out. Looking down at your shirt, you realize it's already ruined from the blood, grabbing the bottom with both hands, you rip a strip off of the bottom, struggling from the loss of blood but doing it successfully. Not taking the time to make the piece more neat, you pull it under your leg and tie the two ends into a knot. Pulling it as tight as possible, causing another stab of pain to run through your legs and tears to fall you tie another knot to keep the piece in place. Leaning your head back on the headrest and closing your eyes, you can feel your head pound.

You can feel the car slow to a halt and opening your eyes you see you've reached Tall Boy's. You can hear the driver door open and the sound of a motorcycle engine cutting off, but the sounds were muffled as if underwater. You knew keeping your eyes open was important, but you had gotten so weary that you almost shut them, until Sweet Pea opened your door. Unbuckling your seat belt he pulled you into his arms once again, and made his way to the door, Fangs closing the car door and opening Tall Boy's. Walking into the dim lit trailer, you could smell smoke and alcohol – Vodka or Peroxide you couldn't tell.

You can hear Tall's panicked voice when he sees the blood, and he ushers Pea into a back room of the trailer, where his makeshift med centre is. Placing you on the bed in the room, you can't feel the pain anymore and the release from it is almost euphoric, your mind wanders as your eyes finally give in and roll into the back of your head.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Silence.

Your brain only registers silence, and it seems as if you're dead, but then you begin to hear again; a foot scuffle, a sniffle of the nose and you feel a hand encompassing yours. Prying your eyes open, the first thing you see is the severely bloodshot eyes of the boy you love, followed by the rest of his face, including the large amount of scruff upon his chin. The smile that covers his face as your eyes open is almost blinding, anyone else would be surprised that this boy could even smile so wide and it was perfect.

There was no better way to wake up after a tragic event, and you almost didn't care about the slash in your leg – almost. You had done it to protect your family and that was more important, you had done it to protect the people that made you happy, the people who gave you a safe place in the world. You only hoped they realized how special they were to you.

"Good morning sunshine" He croaks, voice sounding as if it hasn't been used in days.

"Good morning" You smile, utterly happy with your place in the world.

Credits: Almost not a Teen Fangirl... (justateenfangirl0616.tumblr.com)