All I Want For Christmas Is You (SweetVee)

Credits to: .Boo. (youcancallmeelle.tumblr.com)

SummaryIt's Christmas Eve and a blanket of crisp snow covers Riverdale, the air is cold and brisk as families spend the special night together in preparation for more family time the following day.

Sadly, Veronica is without her true love, his military schedule clashing with the holiday and making it unable for him to come home to celebrate with his loved ones.

Her friend's and family try their best to console the saddened woman, it's no use and all Veronica wants is her fiancè, Sweet Pea, by her side.

But what if there's a surprise around the corner and Sweet Pea's just being his sneaky self with the help of Hiram Lodge?

It was Christmas Eve, one of the most magical days of the holiday season and arguably the best.

There was a blanket of thick, crunchy snow covering the entirety of Riverdale and it's landmarks to accompany the special day.

Every house between the edge of Riverdale to the other side of Greendale was covered with an abundance of multicoloured lights, all different shapes and sizes, some enough to light an aeroplane runway. It was like the neighbours were competing for the best set up, just like Martha May Who and Betty Lou Who.

Unlike the previous years she had celebrated, Veronica was struggling to find her inner Christmas cheer. Why? This year was her first Christmas without Sweet Pea by her side, it was also the first Christmas that she was with child and that only made not having him around much worse.

While many had been dreaming of a white Christmas, Veronica had instead been praying to whoever that the love of her life would return home for the holiday.

Sadly, her prayers hadn't been answered and she was finding it pointless trying to pretend to be happy.

The reason Sweet Pea wasn't present for the holidays was that his military schedule clashed with plane times and sadly, he wasn't able to leave the base to return home to his Fiancée. Veronica respected him and she admired him, he was tremendously brave and she knew that one day, there would be a time that he just wouldn't be able to come home.

They had met five years earlier when Betty and Veronica had just opened up their flower shop in the town centre of Riverdale, it was the middle of Summer and flowers weren't the only thing blooming. Sweet Pea had wandered in, military uniform and all, making Veronica weak at the knees. He was on leave for a few weeks, he'd come back to buy some flowers to put on his adoptive Mother's grave. Veronica had served him after Betty clearly noticed the instant attraction, they chatted as she made up a beautiful bouquet of lisianthus, carnations and chrysanthemums.

After that day, he came back in on the following afternoon but this time wore fitted jeans and a sweatshirt. Veronica had initially frowned, thinking that maybe he'd been unhappy with her arrangement but she was also confused seeing as he seemed overjoyed with it when he left.

To her surprise and to Betty's utter delight, he asked Veronica out for a drink when she finished work. After blushing and stumbling like a love drunk teenager, she accepted and from their first date that day, they had been inseparable.

Veronica was fully understanding of his career, each time waving him off and welcoming him back. They said 'I love you' on his second visit back, they moved in together and on their third Christmas Eve together, he proposed with a stunning, platinum, solitaire ring and of course, Veronica had accepted gleefully.

Bringing them to the present day and also their fifth year of being together, they were expecting their first child together.

Their little one had been conceived on Sweet Pea's last leave which was almost exactly five months ago, they had spent that majority of his break pressed skin to skin under their sheets, it hadn't been a surprise when Veronica fell pregnant with the number of times she'd jumped his bones after thinking about him leaving her again for another tour of somewhere he wasn't permitted to disclose, every moment she could be fulfilled and close to him, she took.