I Don't Dance

Credits to: Living the Good Life (wayward-river.tumblr.com)

Summary: This week is the big bulldog basketball game. It's tradition for the bulldogs to get paired up and dance with the cheerleaders. But this year the riverdale pups dance squad are taking over the half time dance. What happens when Sweet Pea gets paired with the captain. What happens when he tried getting her with cheesy pickup lines will her sassy responses prompt him to try harder or back away. Does he get the girl?

You sat in the gym taking deep breaths as the sweat dripping from your hairline as it slowly slid down your face. You took the back of your hand wiping it across your forehead as the other gripped your water bottle and held it to your lips as you quenched your thirst. You always practiced alone after official practice. You were able to do your own style, your traditional ballet not the hiphop mesh you have your squad do. The Riverdale Pups was your dance squad much like the cheerleaders but with less pep. This pep rally however Cheryl wanted her squad to do something besides running a routine with the basketball boys like every year, so that left the boys with the Pups.

You looked up at the clock to make sure you still had time. You had given the girls the day off of practice since they would be taking on an extra person and teaching them everything. Cheryl made the list for you pairing everyone up since you were going to lose your mind doing it. You set the water bottle down capping it picking up your phone and pressing play. Soon the gym was filled with your hip hop ballet playlist, no lyrics and it was changed to make it flow for the dancers. You glided against the hardwood before extending into your developpe extending your leg into an open position before going into your grand battement and finishing off by practicing your Saut de chat. Your chest heaving you lowered yourself to the floor as you calmed yourself. You had done the different positions over and over to nail them they had to be perfect if your dreams were ever going to become true.

Sweet Pea opened the doors to the gym rolling his eyes as Fangs followed behind him. "I can't believe we have to do this dance thing... I don't dance Fogarty."

Fangs chuckled. "I know you don't which is why I'm excited to see your tall ass try to"

Sweet Pea went to smack his friend in the chest but stopping as his eyes caught sight of you. He stood still watching you as you jumped and spun around the hardwood effortlessly.

"Wow..."

Fangs ran right into Sweet Pea. "Dude."

Sweet Pea moved his arm back aimlessly not taking his eyes off of you. "Shh."

Fangs moved past him his eyes going wide. "How can a person move like that so effortlessly?"

"I don't know but if she can move like that dancing then she's gotta be able to move in more fun ways" Sweet Pea wiggled his brows

Fangs rolled his eyes. "Good luck, quiet girl Y/N doesn't date."

Sweet Pea smirked. "I like a challenge."

You looked up as the gym doors opened. Spotting Fangs and his tall friend with him. You thought you had more time but you were wrong. You gave a quick smile getting up and jogging over to the neon T-Shirts that were splayed out on the first level of the bleachers. Grabbing your Neon Green one with the number 32 on it and Sweet Pea printed above it you threw it over your tank top. Grabbing Fangs bright blue shirt that was next to yours with Emma's name on the back of it with his number you made your way towards them.

"Hey Y/N!"

"Hi Fangs, how was last period, did I miss anything fun?"

Fangs went in to give you a hug but you stepped back. "I'm gross and sweaty Fangs."