Two Worlds Collide (Swosie)

Credits to: McKeller Family Stan (givekevinscreentime.tumblr.com)

Pairing: Josie McCoy & Sweet Pea

Summary: AU where the Pussycats are together and Sweet Pea attends their album launch party.

———

The party is the very essence of the word glamour.

Flutes of glimmering gold liquid are passed out by the dozen. Heads are thrown back in laughter, tanned shoulders sway to music. Guests don dresses and suits they'll only wear once in their life. For Sweet Pea to say he feels out of place is an understatement. But he said he'd be here for Josie, and he's nothing if not a man of his word.

He arrived at the album launch party a half hour ago, and he still hasn't found her in the sea of expense and excess. He should give up and snap up an empty spot on the wall, but he keeps looking, bumping into people who reek of quality champagne and designer perfume. His dark eyes scan the crowd, searching for the red gown he helped her choose. Really all he'd done was sit outside the dressing room and watch her emerge in dress after dress. But hey, he wasn't complaining.

Out of the corner of his eye he spots a flash of bright red. Like an idiot his heart skips a beat. Quickly he makes his way over there, parting the sea of partygoers like Moses.

He can only see the back of the woman wearing the dress, but she's wearing red, so he takes his chances and taps her shoulder.

"Sweet Pea," the woman says, turning around. He tries not to let his face fall when he sees its Melody.

"Hey," he says, forcing a limp smile. "You seen Josie?"

"Last I saw she was chatting up some producer by the bar," she answers, a fond smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

Sweet Pea nods in reply, starting to head that way before he feels Melody's hand on his arm.

"She's really grateful you're here," she says, eyes brimming with sincerity. She takes a pause, as if she's thinking about what she wants to say next.

"There's a lot going on in her life right now. I'm glad she has you."

Sweet Pea is caught off guard, not quite sure what to say.

"Thanks," he says, uncertain if that's the right response.

Melody, still smiling at him, seems unphased.

"Go find her," she says, patting his arm before turning back around.

And so he does. He weaves and ducks through the guests, trying to get to the bar. He smiles to himself, Melody's words sinking in. Josie's parents may not accept him, but her friends do. That must count for something.

When he finally arrives at the bar, she's there, just as Melody said. Sweet Pea gulps, stopping dead in his tracks.

He knew she'd be breathtaking. She always is.

But tonight? She's otherworldly.

Limbs that seem to go on forever. Hair elegantly swept up away from her face, revealing delicate features. Warm brown eyes, full pink lips. A striking crimson dress that demands your attention.

"Sweet Pea!" she says, setting down her champagne glass and walking towards him. He's sure he imagined the way her face lit up upon seeing him.

She takes his face in her hands and just like that, she's kissing him. Her lips are soft and warm against his, and for that short moment, the world falls away. He's transported to a place far away from the bustling party, where it's just him and Josie.

It's silly, but that's how it feels when they kiss.

"Here," she says, taking her glass of champagne and offering it to him. He drains its contents, puzzled by the taste of expensive liquor. He'd prefer a beer any day of the week.

"You look good," she says, placing a hand on his chest. He almost laughs. He's wearing a clean black T-shirt, which is as formal as he gets.

"You too," he remarks, scratching the back of his neck.

Josie's grin gets even wider. She leans forward and whispers in his ear, getting up on her tiptoes to do so.

"Let's get out of here," she says. "We can swap champagne and hors-devours for milkshakes and burgers."

Sweet Pea nods, his eyes crinkling with a smile. Not a day goes by that he doesn't wonder if Josie is too good for him. She's an up-and-coming musician, invited to hobknob at A-list parties. He's nothing but a boy from the southside trying to keep his head above water.

But it's moments like these that he remembers who Josie is underneath it all. She's a girl who enjoys the finer things in life, but also craves a milkshake at Pop's. Perhaps she leads a life he'll never understand. But in the moments it's only them, he wonders if they could make it work. If she could be happy with someone like him.

Only time will tell. As their two worlds collide, they'll have to compromise. It'll be give and take, fifty-fifty. It won't be easy, but he wants this badly enough.

He only hopes she does.

"Let's go," he says, kissing her forehead. He loves how she's the perfect height for that.

The pair slip out of the party hand-in-hand, unnoticed, ready for a late night treat at Pop's.

"Have I ever told you how proud I am of you?" he says, stepping into the cool night air. He peppers her check with kisses, eliciting a giggle from her.

"Tell me again," she says.

Sweet Pea proceeds to gather her in his arms and kiss her, thumb tenderly stroking her cheek.

Once he breaks off, he scoops her up bridal style and carries her to his motorcycle. Her infectious laugh rings through the parking lot.

The two ride into the night, Josie's gown a red blur flowing behind them. With her arms wrapped around his waist and her laughter in his ears, Sweet Pea thinks there's no place he'd rather be.

Credits to: McKeller Family Stan (givekevinscreentime.tumblr.com)