CROWNED : FIVE

Credits to: Read More Write Hard (theangriestpea.tumblr.com)

PART FIVE: WEDDING BELLS

Two fair haired princesses sat in silence at the table drinking a special blend of mint and ginger tea. They had both had unsettled stomachs for a few weeks now, and it was only getting worse. Everyone around them had chalked it up to nerves before their big day. In truth, that was part of it but not the reason why they had been so ill.

"We have to tell them." Lily said after a sip of tea. She held the teacup gently in her hands. The fragile porcelain was shaking slightly in her grip. "It's the right thing to do."

Shanna was quiet for the longest time, and Lily wondered if she even heard her. They sat in a stuffy silence for another ten minutes before she finally spoke. "You're right. They deserve to know." Her voice was barely above a whisper. "Did the tea help you at all?"

Lily shrugged, "a little. I feel slightly less like puking and more like laying catatonic on my bed until it all goes away."

"We've got a long time before that happens." Shanna said with an unladylike groan. "Well, I know where Sweet Pea is. Always in his fucking war room. Any idea where Jughead is?"

She bit her lip as she thought, "I'm not sure. Probably with daddy. It will look weird if I go get him. He will get suspicious..."

"Divide and conquer then?" Shanna asked, "I'll get my fiance, you get yours?"

Lily nodded reluctantly. "Meet back here in ten minutes?"

"Deal."

Roughly ten minutes later, the two princes had joined their future wives with a curious look in their eyes. They had noticed their strange behavior lately but they assumed it was just stress.

The girls stared at one another, unsure if they should proceed. "Well?" Sweet Pea asked, annoyed that he had been interrupted. "I was in the middle of something important." Shanna snorted back in response, knowing it couldn't have been all that important since he was willing to come their little rendezvous.

"On the count of three?" Lily asked her sister who simply nodded in response. She took a deep breath and counted slowly.

Once of three they said in almost perfect unison, "I'm pregnant." Before looking down at the ground, ashamed of their confession. It had been so stupid , so reckless of them to let this happen. Their wedding was in one week. Maybe, just maybe, they could get away with this without anyone finding out. After all, they were only about four or five weeks along.

The princes stared at them, Sweet Pea baffled with how this could have happened while Jughead had a broad smile slowly spread over his features. "This is great!" He exclaimed happily, clapping his hands together for emphasis.

The other three royals stared at him with wide eyes and mouths agape. Great? How in the hell was this great? "Do tell me, brother," Sweet Pea drawled with a grave tone, "how exactly is this great ? We have to raise each other's kids!" He threw his arms up in exasperation before pacing vigorously.

Lav frowned, shuffling her feet and shifting her weight uncomfortably. She had known he'd be upset but she still wasn't prepared for it. "You have to get rid of it." He quickly added, looking directly at his lover with piercing brown eyes. They only softened when he saw the tears spill from her eyelids and down her cheeks.

"Is that what you want?" She asked in a voice that shook like a leaf in a tornado. Pain made it crack with hurt. "You want me to just kill it and pretend none of this ever happened?"

"You cannot be queen and give birth to my child!" He said, voice raised due to the intense anxiety he was feeling. "What about that don't you understand?"