Not Anymore (Pt.2)

Credits to: toby-wallace-is-life

Weeks have passed since my emotional rollercoaster. I have avoided Sweet Pea as often as I can which is difficult considering we share the Southside, our group of friends and the same hangout spots. We've bumped into each other a few times, but I always walk away before he could get a word in. I've taken the time to work on myself and to try and figure out what I want in life. Per the suggestion of Toni and Cheryl, I've even joined the River Vixens, something I never thought I'd do but thoroughly enjoy. I have even been getting out more and branching out and making new friends, two friends in particular are Veronica Lodge and Betty Cooper.

I was sitting with Betty at Pop's whilst sipping on Pop's famous milkshakes and sharing some fries. We were talking about anything that came to mind when the door chimed signalling someone had just entered. I spotted Toni and Jughead walking in and i waved at them with a wide smile on my face, gesturing for them to come over. What I wasn't expecting was to see Sweet Pea walk in right after them. The smile instantly dropped and i saw Betty offer me a sympathetic smile. I sighed but decided to just let it go as Jughead slid into the booth next to Betty, and luckily Toni beat Sweet Pea and slid in next to me before he could. I mouthed a subtle thank you before looking down at the menu. Betty and Jughead immediately jumped into conversation and Toni joined in on occasion.

I could feel Sweet Pea's subtle glances in my direction, but I chose to ignore it. I couldn't glance at him, because I know that if I do, my emotional rollercoaster would pick right back up again. I looked out the window and spotted a few familiar faces from school, one of them being Josie. She was outside talking to Reggie by his car, he said something which caused her to break out into laughter. I rolled my eyes at their interaction and turned my attention back to the group, it was then that I noticed they were getting up to leave and i silently followed suit.

"Can you catch a ride with Toni?" Betty asked, a pleading look in her eyes. "Jughead is coming back to mine."

"It that's okay with Toni?" I asked looking at my closest friend and she scoffed.

"Like you even need to ask." She replied before excusing herself to go to the bathroom.

I said goodbye to Betty and Jughead and made my way out of Pop's when my name was called. I spun around and noticed Sweet Pea cautiously making his way towards me.

"Can we talk, please?" He asked, desperation evident in his tone, but I refuse to give in.

"It's too late." I called over my shoulder whilst walking to Toni's bike.

"I love you!" He called out and I instantly stopped in my tracks.

"What did you just say?" I asked turning around and taking a step towards him.

"I love you."

In all our time together and with everything we've been through, Sweet Pea never once told me how he feels about me, he has never uttered those words.

"I love you more than anything in the world, but you've always been too good for me." He said walking up to me until he was standing right in front of me, his tall frame towering over me. "You shouldn't be held back by someone like me, you can do so much better."

His confession shattered my heart. I never knew that's how he felt about himself, Sweet Pea always seemed so confident, like he has everything figured out.

"That's not true." I spoke and grabbed his hand and i could have sworn I saw a tear roll down his cheek. "I love you too." I said and he finally looked into my eyes and a hint of a smile formed.

"I'm sorry for everything." He said softly. "The way I treated you, you didn't deserve it." I reached up and placed my hand on his cheek and he closed his eyes with a huge smile.

"Let's just forget that and start over." I spoke and when his eyes opened, it held a sparkle that made my heart swell.

"I'd really like that." He spoke before reaching down and attaching our lips together in a soft, loving kiss.

Credits to: toby-wallace-is-life