A Promise

Credits to: Riverdale Enthusiast (riverdale-enthusiastt.tumblr.com)

Summary: Something is delivered for Sweet Pea while he's out and his wife is the one who sees it first.

It was the middle of the morning and Sweet Pea had to leave for Serpent business. He wakes you up by kissing you on your temple and rubbing your arm.

"Babe? Sorry, I'm waking you."

"What time is it?" You ask, trying to wake up enough to understand what he's saying, but enough to be able to go back to sleep.

"It's three in the morning. I didn't want you to freak out when you woke up to an empty bed. I have to leave but I should be back later tonight."

"Okay. Be safe, I love you."

"I love you too. Tell Amara I'll be home soon if she looks for me in the morning." He says kissing you goodbye.

-

By the time you woke up again your daughter was jumping up and down on the bed.

"Mommy! Are you awake? I'm hungry!"

"I am now." Rubbing the sleep out of your eyes.

"Where's Daddy?" Your six year old asks looking up at you as the two of you cuddle for a little bit.

"He had to go to work super early. Now, how 'bout we make some-"

"WAFFLES!!" Amara yells, cutting you off. lol Shrek reference

"Come on my little stinky-butt." You tease.

"Hey I'm not stinky you're stinky!" You just laugh at your daughter's remark as you pick her up to head to the kitchen.

You put her on the chair that had the booster on it so she can watch you make the waffles from the other side of the counter.

"Here you go, darling. Do you want anything on top?" You ask as you hand her her waffles.

"Whipped cream! And chocolate!!" Amara yells banging first on the table.

"What's the magic word?"

"Please?" She says in a questioning tone.

After you put the toppings on her waffle you make another one for yourself. When the two of you finish breakfast you wipe the chocolate and whipped cream off Amara's face and set her down on the couch. You turn on the tv to the kids' cartoon channel, "Sit here and watch tv while I go clean up, okay?"

"Okay, mommy." She says already distracted by the tv.

As you were almost done cleaning there was a loud bang/knock on the trailer door.

"Mommy someone's at the door!" Amara yells not even looking away from the tv, feeling the need to tell you as if you didn't hear it from 3 feet away from where she was.

"I know I heard it." Laughing at your daughter's sassiness.

You open the door to see no one there but a piece of paper taped onto the door. You take the letter off, closing the door and making sure you lock it. You take it to the kitchen to read so Amara doesn't see anything not knowing whats written on the letter. You open it up and read it:

Kind of disappointed that I only found out recently that you're the new leader of the disgusting snakes... that would have been nice to know sooner..it's also nice to see your little girl all grown up now and your wife of yours looking better than ever. I bet they'd both look better with me at my lair.

You drop the letter after seeing the skull drawing at the bottom. You couldn't believe what it said, so you kept reading the short but heart-stopping letter over and over trying to comprehend what was happening. You head back over to the door and put the extra lock on and made sure all of the windows were closed as well. You didn't know if you were able to call Sweet Pea because you didn't know what kind of business he was involved in right now. So instead you called Toni.