Bitter Love - Part 1/3

Credits to: In Your Wildest Dreams (inyourwildestdreamslove.tumblr.com)

Summary: You hadn't seen your high school sweetheart in years. When your mere presence at a bank robbery send the thieves running for their lives it's time you faced your past. Are you ready to?

Chapter 1: Poisoned Love

"GET ON THE GROUND NOW AND NO ONE GETS HURT!" Screams a man in a black ski mask.

A gun goes off into the air and the fear filled shreeks of the innocent fill the bank. You hold your hands up as one of the robbers come rushing towards you, his hand is reaching towards you to grab your arm when he stops suddenly. His hands are thrown above his head and he calls out to one of the guys waving his gun at the bank teller. He turns and looks over at you before he practically jumps backwards as if terrified of you.

Not only are you confused by these events, but the people around you are now looking at you apprehensively now.

"We didn't mean it! We didn't know you were here! We're sorry!" One of the masked me almost stutter out.

"Umm...okay?"

"Just don't tell him, okay?" the other is approaching you with his hand out in a gesture of peace as he inches away from you.

"Tell who?"

"Sweet Pea."

"Sweet Pea?" you ask bewildered.

The guys wince as they hear his name, but they just nod hesitantly before they turn and sprint out of the bank. The bag of money that they had been attempting to steal lying forgotten on the ground.

After the police are finished interviewing you, you're just sitting in your car. You hadn't thought of Sweet Pea in years. He had been your high school sweetheart. You had been crazy about each other, but that was a long time ago now. You hadn't even spoken to him since you broke up in your third year of collage. You had wanted him to leave Riverdale, leave the Serpents and go to school, have a chance at a normal life...with you... You had wanted to build a life with him by your side, but he had chosen the Serpents over you. A fact that had left you bitter and heartbroken for years. Have you ever really gotten over him?

You pull your phone out of your purse and scroll through the contacts.

Your finger hovers over a name you hadn't spoken in years. You vaguely wonder if their number is even still the same.

You steal yourself and tap the name on your phone wondering why you still even have it listed in your phone. You put the phone to your ear and listen as it rings rhythmically, your breath matching the tone. You hear the familiar click before a very confused "Hello" sounds over the speaker.

"Fangs?" you ask softly.

"(Y/N)?! Is it really you?!" he asks in disbelief.

"Yeah...yeah, it's me. How are you?" you ask softly.

"I'm good...just wondering why you're calling me after how many years?"

You laugh awkwardly, "Yeah... I guess this is weird... I didn't expect you to pick up... I didn't expect it to be you..."

"It's because of Sweet Pea isn't it?"

"Ummm...yeah..."

"Okay," he murmurs patiently. You always adored Fangs, the two of you were such good friends and you had wanted more for him too.

"I need to see him Fangs, something weird just happened and they mentioned him."

"What just happened (Y/N)?" you're surprised at the sharp tone of his voice.