That's my boy!

Credits to: Elle (ellesimagines.tumblr.com)

"Friends!"
Veronica's excited voice rang through the crowded hallways of Riverdale High School. Her lips were lifted to a just as excited smile, as she greeted the newly transferred Southside students to the school.
Y/N's eyes wandered over the group of leather clad teenagers on the other side of the table Veronica set up earlier this morning. To her, they didn't look half as dangerous as everyone described them. They might be gang members, but after all, they were just teenagers trying to fit in with a crowd. Like everyone else in this town.
While Veronica went on about all the useful information that she gathered to make their transition as simple and easy as possible, Y/N looked over to Kevin, who's eyes were sparkling with excitement.
"We encourage each and every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale!", Veronica says to the Southsiders, still smiling brightly at them.
"Stand down, Eva Perón."
Cheryl's voice makes Y/N and her friends turn towards the stairs, where the red-head was walking towards them, Reggie and a couple of bulldogs and River Vixens behind the two.
Y/N sighed. Cheryl harassing students was nothing new, she was the self-crowned HBIC of the school, very well known for crushing one or the other self-confidence of fellow student.
"Here we go again", Y/N muttered to herself, overhearing Jughead say something about the school spirit.
"Cheryl, no one invited fascist Barbie to the party", Veronica says to Cheryl as she takes a proud stand in front of the group.
"Wrong, Veronica, no one invited Southside scum to our school", Cheryl tells her. "Listen up, raggamuffins, I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer from classrooms that are overcrowded with... underachievers. So please, do us all a favour and find some other school to debase."
Y/N could see the discomfort in the Southside students eyes and the air in the hallway became thicker and thicker with the tension rising.
Y/N was always a quiet student, she was always trying to get a fairly good grade and to just fit in with the rest in an attempt to be nearly invisible to trouble and typical High School drama. She chose extracurriculars in which Cheryl Blossom wasn't. Because she knew, where Cheryl was, drama was just around the next corner.
But today, however, she felt this urge to take a stand with the Southsiders. They didn't have a choice after their school was closed, and Cheryl has destroyed enough people's High School experience.
"They can't debase this school more than someone who's father killed his own son", Y/N said, looking at Cheryl with a straight face, as the red-head turned to the girl slowly.
"What did you just say?", Cheryl asked Y/N.
"You heard me very clearly, Cheryl. Anyone who looks at Riverdale High for longer than a second will see the real problem here. And that surely isn't the Southside High students that just transferred, that is some self-centred red-headed bully walking through this High School with a cheer uniform which got HBIC written on it's back. With such a family background like yours I wouldn't open this mouth too wide, especially if it's only crap that is senseless coming out of it."
Y/N's friends looked at her just as stunned as the Southsiders and Cheryl. She never got into a fight or caught up in some drama, she never raised her voice against Cheryl Blossom and never did she use someone's problems against them.
But she had enough. They all came to this school as no one's once, and just because Southside High School had a bad image with it's gangs, drugs and it's teacher uninterested in teaching, who was to say, that they didn't want to actually achieve a proper education and go on to do some good in this messed up town? After all, High School was where future's are made.
"Guys, everyone, can we just put our Northside/Southside differences apart and start over? A new slate?", Archie asks, moving Cheryl's attention from Y/N to him.
As Y/N saw Cheryl moving away from her, she let out a breath she didn't know she held in.
"You don't speak for the bulldogs, Andrews. And do I need to remind you? These snakes showed up at your place, trying to kick your ass", Reggie says to Archie.
"Why don't we finish what we started?", a tall Serpent asked, taking a step toward Reggie, before he was held back by Jughead.
As Y/N's eyes rested on him, she couldn't help but think that he was quite good looking. Tall, broad-shouldered and dark haired. His eyes met Y/N's for a split second, and as he looked at her, he looked intrigued by the girl. As if she was some mystery just waiting to be solved, preferably by him.
"I'm so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now!", Veronica says, trying to put an end to this feud.
"Alright, everyone, let's get to class!", Principle Weatherbee announces, making the groups of students in the hallway split up in different directions.

"Okay, but honestly, who is she?", Sweet Pea asks his fellow Serpents and friends, as they enter the Whyte Wyrm after school's over, for the 10th time this hour.
Toni looked back at him with a smirk, well knowing, that Sweet Pea was about to develop a crush.
"Why do you even want to know that? Got a little crush?", Fangs asked amused, teasing his best friends while wiggling his eyebrows at him.
"Shut up", Sweet Pea says to him, looking at him with threatening eyes. "I'm just asking. We should thank her, she stood up to Cheryl for us."
Jughead and Toni share a quick glance, before he says: "Her name is Y/N Y/L/N. She's Kevin's best friend, quiet student, and she never gets into fights. Today sure was a first for her. You really should go and thank her tomorrow, Sweet Pea."
Sweet Pea looks at Jughead as if he's about to punch him.
"I can't believe you guys. I'm just trying to make a good first impression at a better school", Sweet Pea sighs, falling down on one of the bar stools.
"A good impression? Sorry, buddy, you missed that train. After you nearly punched star football player Reggie Mantle this morning in the hallway, I'm pretty sure that isn't the way to make a good impression", Fangs says, shrugging his shoulder at the taller Serpent.
"That was before I decided to start over", Sweet Pea tells him.
"Sure", Fangs nods, laughing quietly to himself.
A few hours later, Sweet Pea's had enough of the constant bickering of his friends. They were trying their best to get Sweet Pea to accept that he's got a crush on Y/N, but he wasn't going to budge.
The tall Serpent was fiddling with his phone in a booth at Pop's, trying to hide the screen from his friends as he looked through Instagram. But he didn't notice Fangs craning his head to get a better view of his phone.
"Oh god, now you're stalking her on Instagram! Just text her already!", Fangs says, nudging his best friend.
Toni and Jughead opposite them were laughing at the two, as Sweet Pea stared at his best friend again.
"Or maybe -", Fangs began, his eyes wandering towards the entrance of the diner through which Kevin and Y/N walked at the moment, making him smirk, "- you can just go and talk to her right now."
Confused, Sweet Pea looked around, but Kevin and Y/N have already taken a seat in a booth a bit further away from them. Sighing, Fangs gave his best friend a little push, making Sweet Pea nearly fall off the bench.
"What is your problem, Fangs?", Sweet Pea asked, annoyed.
"You're just too proud to accept that you're crushing on a Northsider. Remember? A new slate. We go to the same school as the Northsiders do now, so go and befriend some. Or do more than just befriend them. Any way, you won't shut up about her. Ever since school finished, she is the only thing on your mind. If you don't go and talk to her now, I will do it for you", Fangs says, motioning towards the booth that Kevin just left to go to the toilet. "There's your chance to get her alone, buddy."
Sweet Pea just shook his head furiously at Fangs, but soon enough, Fangs gave him another push, and Sweet Pea was standing up. Sighing, he decided to go and at least thank her, if that means they will shut up about it.
As he got closer to the booth, he saw her looking out of the window, and he hoped he wouldn't scare her when he would speak up.
"Hey", he says, and her head turned towards him.
"Hi", Y/N says, smiling at him genuinely. "Take a seat."
She motioned for him to sit down opposite her, and he quickly did, hoping to not look too helpless.
"Your name is Y/N, right?", he asks, and as soon as he says those words, he'd like to punch himself.
Now he looked like a stalker to her.
"Yeah, and your name is?", she asked him, still smiling.
Sweet Pea thought she was only still smiling to be kind, she must think he's weird.
"My friends call me Sweet Pea", he says, giving her a quick smirk.
"Nice to meet you, Sweet Pea. And sorry for the drama earlier. I'm afraid you'll have to keep up with lots more of that over the next few years at Riverdale High. Cheryl's ego is just sickening", she laughed.
"Actually, I came to thank you, for earlier. You know, for standing up for us. Not many people do that, especially not if they don't know us", he says, sending her a smile.
"No big deal. Cheryl just had to be told off for once, not exactly my forte, but whatever."
He smiled at her, not knowing what to say now. Y/N sighed, looking at him apologetically.
"Sorry, I don't usually stutter while talking", she says, looking down to her fingers which were fumbling with the fork.
Sweet Pea didn't even notice her stumbling over her words, he was too concentrated to not sound too nervous himself.
"Don't worry, it's cute", he says, making her laugh.
You idiot, Sweet Pea thought to himself and rests his head in his hand, sighing.
"I'll think I should go back to my friends, Kevin should be back any minute anyway, but thank you again", he says, hoping to make a swift exit, but as soon as he stands up from the bench, she calls out his name.
"Yeah?", he asks, turning around to her, as she smiles at him again.
God, that smile is going to kill me, he thought.
"Here", she says, holding out a napkin for him to take.
As he takes it from her hands, their fingers touch for a minute, and that beautiful smile returns onto her lips. Shyly smirking, he looks down on the napkin to find a phone number written on it.
The smile on his lips changed from shy, to proud the moment he looked up to meet her gaze.
"I really hope it's not too weird of me to just give you my number, assuming you'd want it", she says, looking at him slightly insecure.
"No, of course not. Did you just write it down or did you have it prepared all along?", he asks, smirking at her.
"I just wrote it down, it's not like I've got hundreds of napkins in my bag to just hand out to guys who talk to me once, like flyers, I'm not that awkward", she laughs, her eyes lighting up.
"Yeah, of course, sorry", he laughs, feeling his confidence falter again.
How could he be so stupid and assume she had it written on that napkin before she came here?
"I'll text you later, so that you've got my number as well", he smiles, waving at her before quickly walking back to the booth his friends were sitting in, waiting for his return in anticipation.
As he sat down again next to Fangs, he quickly hid the napkin in one of his jeans pockets.
"And?", Toni asks.
"She gave me her number", Sweet Pea smiles proudly.
"That's my boy!", Fangs says triumphantly, patting Sweet Pea on the back like a proud father.

A couple weeks later, Sweet Pea walked straight past Fangs and Toni as he entered the school, making his best friends look at each other in confusion.
"Hey", he says, making Y/N slightly jump before closing her locker to look at him.
"Oh god, don't scare me like that", she laughs, hitting his chest playfully.
"Don't worry, it's just me, babe", he laughs, pulling her against him to press a kiss to her lips.
She smiled into the kiss, and as their lips separated, he took the books out of her arm and threw his other, free arm over her shoulder before walking her to her next class.
Fangs had a proud smile drawn on his face, while Toni's expression was blank.
"That was quick", she says, looking at Fangs next to her.
"Honestly, that wasn't quick enough. He wouldn't shut up about how amazing she is", Fangs says, still looking after Sweet Pea and Y/N.
"Good for them, and for you", Toni laughed.
"I'm so proud of my boy", Fangs says, turning to Toni, still smiling.
"We both are", Toni says, patting Fangs on the shoulder, before pushing him towards their shared chemistry class.

Credits to: Elle (ellesimagines.tumblr.com)