8 Letters

Credits to: I write shit (i-write-about-anything.tumblr.com)

Third Person POV

Sweet Pea and (Y/N) had been in a relationship for the past seven months, if anyone knew him the best it was her, days and nights spent with each other creating the bond they had. She had seen him at his worst when he pulled out a knife on Archie and seen him hurt when the Ghoulies fucked him up when the Serpents went to war with them. She never once judged Sweet Pea for his title as a Serpent and she never would. That was the feeling Sweet Pea feared the most. He'd only opened up to her only three months into the relationship, telling her about his mom and how she left him when he was only seven, thus creating his trust issues. He closed himself off two days after his small confession, not wanting to open up to the girl he didn't know was going to like him after all his secrets were out.

Today had been yet another eventful day for the Serpents, yet another brawl causing Sweet Pea to end up here, in (y/n)'s restroom as she patched him up for the hundredth time since they're relationship started. She remembered the first day he showed up to her house, blood dripping from his lip as he held his swollen nose. He didn't know why he went to her, or maybe he did, he'd never thought about it too much afterwards. He smiled at her when she opened the door, despite the fact that he was in pain. She was frantic, looking for the first aid kit while he leaned his body on the counter of the restroom. She urged him to go to the hospital but he refused. The second time it happened she sighed, less frantic as the first time. By the tenth time she had gotten used to patching him up, the first kit on her nightstand in case he showed up through her window which he did when her parents were home. "You should really be careful; they could've broken your nose this time." Sweet Pea hissed when her fingers pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Careful isn't in my dictionary, baby." He smirked and she rolled her eyes before smiling. "Plus, you know you love cleaning me up." His hands went to her waist pulling her closer. She smiled and looked down at her hands, folding the gauze she had used to clean up the blood that spilled from his nose.

"I'm neither confirming or denying that." She smiled before throwing the gauze in the trash bin. "All done." She smiled before he kissed her and pushed his body off the counter. Her hand grabbed his dragging him to her bedroom, shutting the light off before she let herself fall onto her bed, Sweet Pea doing the same.

"Thank you, for always being there for me." Sweet Pea's fingers played with her palm. He thought it amazing how almost every line on their hands aligned, when their hands were intertwined. Sweet Pea felt complete when he was with her, all his worries, all his problems, they all faded.

"You know I'll always be here for you, Pea." She smiled looking up at her ceiling, her eyes fixed on the glow in the dark stars that she'd kept up since she was six. "I love you Sweet Pea." (Y/N) bit her lip as the words slipped from her mouth. He froze, his hand releasing hers and his mouth falling open as he blinked a few times. He'd only said those words once before, long before he knew (y/n), he didn't mean to words, he was far too young to understand it. (Y/N)'s head turned towards him, her smile fading, Sweet Pea not saying a word just looking at the ceiling. Sure, it hadn't been the perfect place or time to tell him but she had been holding it in for weeks now and she was tired of hiding her feelings towards him. She shifted on her bed, sitting up before she stood to her feet, Sweet Pea sat up, his eyes meeting hers.

"(Y/N)." Sweet Pea whispered and she shook her head putting her hand up. She got the hint, he didn't love her, but that's where she was wrong.

"I think you should go." She whispered trying to mask the tears she was already shedding, turning her back to Sweet Pea. I was just eight letters, but it hard for Sweet Pea to say them. And regardless that Sweet Pea wanted to let her know it was nearly impossible. "Go Sweet Pea!" She yelled and he opened his mouth but nothing came out. "Now Sweet Pea, get out now." Her voice was shaky and he quickly stood up, his hands grabbing hers. She tried her best to get a hold of her own hands but Sweet Pea refused to her her go.

"I-" He paused and sighed, why was this so hard to say? She shook her head.

"Don't say it, don't say it if you don't mean it." She sobbed out and his hands cupped her face, wiping away the tears that streamed down her face. "Seven months, seven fucking months and you're telling me you don't have any feelings for me other than you like me?" She sobbed, she could have easily pushed him out of her room but she was torn, she put her heart out for the first time since the ex that fucked her up, mentally and physically, all for it to be shut down once more.

"I care about you." Sweet Pea sighed before closing his eyes. She scoffed and she threw his hands off of her face, she opened the door.

"Get out Sweet Pea." Her voice was low as her hand rubbed over her face.

"Listen to me, please." Sweet Pea looked at her, he sighed before running his hand through his hair. "It's hard for me to say those words. But I do, feel that about you, more than you know." He walked towards her only for her to take steps backwards. "Baby please." His mind raised trying to find the courage to say the words. "For years, I had given up on everything, I never felt love, I never knew what love was. Love walked out the door when I was seven and it didn't return until seven months ago." (Y/N) bit her lip, the tears fading softly. "I'm scared, fuck am I scared. I'm giving you all of my heart, you're the only one that can break me. I know sometimes I don't make it easy; I push you away at times, I have my moments. But I do-" He sighed mentally kicking himself for not being able to say the words. Her lips crashed into his, his hands catching her as he stumbled. (Y/N) pulled away, her eyes meeting his confused ones.

"It's just eight fucking letters Sweet Pea." She sighed before she moved to her bed, sitting down at the edge before looking down at her fingers. "I don't care if you can't say it. I just want you to open up to me, the way you just did. That's proof itself." She smiled at Sweet Pea. He moved to sit next to her, his hand connecting into hers. Their lips connected before he rested his forehead onto hers.

"I love you." He whispered, a smile spreading on both their faces.  

Credits to: I write shit (i-write-about-anything.tumblr.com)