Of compromises and promises

Credits to: Elle (ellesimagines.tumblr.com)

Summary: Sweet Pea has a habit of breaking promises due to being busy with Serpent jobs, often disappointing his girlfriend. 

As Sweet Pea opened the door to his trailer quickly, he notices that the lights were turned off. He could smell the scented candles that must have been burning a short while ago.
He knew he screwed up. He promised (Y/N) to be back in time for them to go to the Wyrm. It was her first night sleeping over at his while her family was in California, the first vacation without her, and he already pulled such a trick on her.
He told her he'd take her out for dinner after his job for the Serpents, as she wasn't pleased at all that he had to go on yet another job.

Cursing under his breath, he walked towards his bedroom, where he expected to find his girlfriend, waiting for him with a frown on her face, ready to give him a lecture.
As he opened the door, he was facing darkness. The lights were out. It smelled like her favourite perfume, the expensive one she only ever puts on for special occasions. He scrunched his eyes together to see better in this pitch black darkness and looked over to the bed, but there was no one. She wasn't here. As he turned the light on, he noticed the dress she wore so rarely over the chair at his desk. She knew that it was his favourite dress on her after seeing her wear it for a night, and it took her all her courage to put it on – she would describe it out of her comfort zone, but that's the price she was willing to pay to make her boyfriend happy - and a lot of exercise to pull the zipper up. His heart wrenched at the sight of the dress discarded like that. On the desk, he saw the little mirror she brought here once, in front of it were used make up wipes and hairpins. He noticed the smell of hairspray underneath her perfume. She went all out for him, and he left her hanging high and dry.
He looked back to the bed as he tossed his Serpent jacket on it before his eyes landed on the set of black, lacy lingerie she once bought for his birthday. It drove him crazy every time she wore it, he was begging her to wear it more often, but she wanted to save it for special nights. This was a special night for her, he realised, and he ruined it, yet again. He was supposed to be here with her, get her mind off of her family having fun in California without her, and take her out. Treat her the way she should be treated.
Sweet Pea walked back into the sitting room and saw that the back door was slightly open. He had a few pieces of garden furniture back there, she loved sitting there and looking out to Sweetwater-River and the woods behind it.
He opened the door cautiously, aware of the horrible noises it always made. He wanted to oil it this morning, but forgot it in the rush he was put in due to the job.
Under a pile of warm, fuzzy blankets, he could make out her head, covered in her hair. He listened to her steady breathing for a while, before lifting her into his arms.
She woke up as he closed the back door behind him, scrunching her eyes together, before looking at him.
She looked confused, her eyes roaming the trailer before he put her on the bed.
"You're back", she says, as her eyes land on her dress and she realises in what kind of situation they were in.
"I'm so sorry, (Y/N) -", Sweet Pea starts, but she cuts him off with her own voice.
"Spare me the excuses. I'm too tired for this shit", she says, before gathering a pillow and blanket in her arms.
"What are you doing?", he asks.
"I'm going to sleep on the couch. I'd drive back home, but I'd probably fall asleep on my way there, so I'll do that in the morning. So, if I'm gone when you wake up, don't bother", she says, her voice stern, as she walks past him.
"(Y/N), please, let me explain it", he pleads.
"No need. Fangs did that for you hours ago", she says, giving him a sarcastic smile before closing the bedroom door behind her.
Sighing, he ran his hands over his tired face, before plopping down on the bed.
He decided to give her some time to fall asleep before carrying her back into the bed, switching places with her. He wanted to respect the space she needed, but he still thought that she deserved the bed more than he did.
10 minutes later, he was undressed to the pair of boxers he was wearing during the day. He opened the door quietly. The light was off again, he would have guessed that she was already deep asleep again, after not being awake for too long, but then he heard muffled sobs.
He closed his eyes in pain, knowing all too well that he was the reason for her crying. He saw that she had her head buried in her hands as she cried, her body shaking from the sobs leaving her mouth.
He made his way over to her so quietly, that he heard a teardrop fall to the floor, or at least that's what he imagined the sounds to be.
She didn't notice him standing next to her, so he reacted quickly and pulled her into his arms.
"Please, don't cry, love. I'm not worth your tears and pain", he says, his thumb wiping away a few of her tears before she buried her face in his bare chest.
"If you- If you keep doing this- all the time, I- I don't want to end this relationship again, because- because I rarely get to see- you", she says in between sobs.