Baby Girl

Credits to: jess🥀 (southside-jess.tumblr.com)

Summary: Sweet Pea is completely infatuated by his new-born baby girl.

Sweet Pea's POV

I clasped my hands together so tightly as I held my precious baby girl in my arms. Her beautiful brown eyes wide open as she adjusted to life in the big wide world, her long eyelashes fluttering as she looked around, taking in her surroundings.

If you'd have said to me a few years ago that at 17 years old I'd be a dad I would have called you crazy, but oh god, I wouldn't change this for the world. I remember the day when Y/N told me that we were going to become parents like it was yesterday, behind today it was the best day of my life.

Flashback: 9 months ago.

The silent treatment. The most terrifying thing in a relationship. Y/N had been distant from me all day at school, although we hadn't argued or anything. I was terrified that she'd fell out of love with me and was going to end things. That would have killed me. Sure, we'd only been together for a matter of months, but I had never felt so much love in my life before she entered it. Coming from a broken home, having to provide for myself from the age of 14, I was used to being alone but when she entered my life, I was used to constantly having somebody around. Used to being held when I was feeling down, to having someone to kiss and cuddle, someone to show me what love was. If that had ended, I couldn't have coped.

I'd text her during class inviting her round to my trailer for dinner that night, she never answered but I prepared dinner for two anyway – by prepared I mean I ordered two portions of food from the local Chinese takeaway. I knew she didn't like fuss but if this was my night to save our relationship, I was going to pull out all the stops. I draped her favourite fairy lights around the curtain poles, turning them on to create a romantic mood – corny but only the best for my favourite girl. I rummaged through my cupboards to find a few tealights, setting a few on a small dish and placing them in the middle of the table – I lit them carefully and smelt as the vanilla aroma took over my small trailer. Finally, wrapped in a sheet of brown paper and secured with a piece of twine, I placed a fresh bouquet of flowers over the placemat that marked where she would sit – a bouquet made up of wildflowers, sunflowers and a few Sweet Pea's as a personal touch.

I looked at the clock and it was coming up to 7pm, if she was showing up it would be any time now. I poured her a glass of cheap wine, the best that I could get served on the Southside and began dishing out our food. As I was sharing out the final few spring rolls between our plates, I heard a quiet knock at the door; my heart racing as I hoped that I would open it to find her on the other side.

I quickly wiped my hands on a hand towel to rid of the grease that the food had left behind and made my way over to the door, opening it to reveal an unusually shy looking Y/N. I smiled down at her before taking a step towards her and embracing her in my arms, planting a kiss on her head, running my fingers gently through her long hair that flowed down her back. I pulled away to look her in the eyes, she looked like she'd been crying – her eyes were slightly puffy and her mascara running. But she was still the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen.

"I was worried you weren't going to show up" I said quietly as I moved out of the way to let her in.

I watched her as she made her way into the trailer, hearing her sigh as she saw the scene in front of her. I only caught a glimpse of her face before she turned to walk towards her chair but I'm pretty sure I saw a tear make its way down her cheek. She began to take off her jacket, but I ran to help before she had the chance, I gently pulled the sleeves from her arms and hooked the jacket on the back of my front door before pulling her chair out as she sat down.