CROWNED : ONE

Credits to: Read More Write Hard (theangriestpea.tumblr.com)

Summary: Two blonde princesses, two dark-haired princes, and one plotting marquess

Summary: Two blonde princesses, two dark-haired princes, and one plotting marquess. Lily is in love with a secret admirer. Shanna doesn't want to ascend to the throne. Jughead wants to spend the day writing poetry. Sweet Pea would rather be out on his horse. And Reggie just wants to be king.

PART ONE: BETROTHED

"Shanna, Lillian, I have an announcement." The King said with a broad smile. The two blonde girls looked up from their plates. Shanna had a mouth full of food as Lily was picking up a piece of meat with her fork.

His eyes glittered with excitement, "as of a week ago, you are both of age. And you know what a princess' duty is when they become adult women."

Lily dropped her utensil as Shanna nearly spit out her food. They knew this was coming, but not this soon.

"Shanna, I have promised your hand to Prince Forsythe of the Southside Kingdom." The King said, observing the displeased look on her face with amusement. "And Lily, you will be marrying Prince Sweet Pea, also from Southside. This is to help solidify the bond between our two kingdoms. Our alliance is rocky at best and in order to prevail against any future war with Greendale, then we will need a combined army."

Lily sat back in her seat at the news. "Really daddy? Arranged marriages? Isn't that a little barbaric?" She was less than happy to be marrying the boy that she merely only saw as a friend and nothing more.

Shanna went back to eating, trying to ignore the disgust pooling in her stomach. "It is barbaric. I'm not marrying Prince Jughead. He's a weirdo."

"Shanna." He said, his voice sharpening, "it's not a negotiation. This weekend there will be a royal announcement during the annual summer ball. All of the nobilities in Riverdale will be there. Including your betrothed."

"Okay but why does Lily get the cute one? They're both princes." Shanna grumbled as she stabbed a carrot angrily.

The King tried not to roll his eyes at his oldest daughter. "Because Prince Forsythe is the heir to the throne. Since you are the first born, you will marry him. Why are you protesting this so much? You knew this was inevitable."

"I thought you'd hand me off to Reggie, not Jughead. Duke Mantle was driving a pretty hard bargain." Shanna replied. Of course she had known she wouldn't get to choose who she married, but the Mantles had been trying for the throne for years now.

The King snorted, "Please. The duke's son was never a contender for your hand. Everyone in the kingdom knows how he treats that boy. I can only imagine how he'd treat you."

Both girls let out sighs of relief. It had been rumored in the Northside Kingdom that one of them would be married out to Reginald Mantle and the thought made them both want to vomit.