Home

Credits to: 🐍Serpent Life🐍 (xserpentlife

Credits to: 🐍Serpent Life🐍 (xserpentlife.tumblr.com)

You knew what was going to happen when you told him.

"We have plans tomorrow"

"Oh where baby?"

"Uhm, my mom invited us over for dinner"

"I'm sorry, did I hear that right, your mom did what?"

You married Sweet Pea, and god you loved that man. The problem was you married him in a town where last names and where you were raised matters more than the person themselves. Sweets were hardworking, he cared for you and your child. But Sweet Pea's name didn't hold any weight in the town of Riverdale like yours did. But you cared nothing about that, you wore his last name with pride. Sweet Pea shouldn't have been your future though, and you shouldn't have married him. With your name, with your status being the high ups on the Northside, you could have married anyone of your choosing. You could have married a socialite, someone who was rich and popular, someone who could have bought you a giant house on the Northside. You weren't one to embrace the name like your sister and brothers did. You hated your maiden name, you despised it, even so much so as trying for years to degrade and taint it. You were the disappointment in your family's eyes, your fathers to be specific. But like most children do they follow in daddy's footsteps and most of them hated you too.

The biggest disappointment to him though was not that you got in trouble, not that you didn't do absolutely fantastic in school like your siblings, not that you didn't want in on the family business, no the biggest disappointment happens when you were 17. When you were seventeen you caused the biggest "disappointment" in his life, it was when you met a mechanic from the Southside, Sweet Pea, and eventually then your child you made with him.

"We haven't been invited to your house in years baby"

You remember bringing Sweet Pea home like it was yesterday, a memory you wish you could almost forget but one that was buried deep into your mind. Your family, especially your dad thought it was a joke when he walked into the house. Your dad thought it was just another stage like all the others you had, but you knew very well it wasn't. You vividly remember your father saying "Y/N I hope to heavens this is a joke, bringing this washed up nobody into our home". He hadn't even given Sweet Pea a chance. You broke it to him that you did instantly, telling him that you really cared for the man that was holding your hand squeezing it to keep you comfortable knowing how much you hated standing in front of your father, but your father had none of it. That first day Sweet Pea came over was also the day that your father banned him from your household and all family functions. You didn't mean that meant forever at the time. You didn't know it meant they wouldn't come to your wedding, and you sure as hell didn't know that it meant after your marriage, even after you had Harley, that you still would not be allowed into the house.

You never understood why your family, why your father never gave the man you loved a chance. You never could understand why family names had to determine everything. Sweets always showed respect to them. Never once did he say a thing that could have possibly offended them, he was a gentleman to the fullest extent. You never understood why he hated Sweet Pea like it was his job. Nothing Sweet Pea ever did mattered to him. Not how he dressed in the nicest clothes he had, even taking his Serpent jacket off like he never did, not when he came over when you were under the weather and made you food, not even when you called him saying your dads' car broke down and he came over fixing it instantly.