BIKE LESSONS

Credits to: Clever As The Devil (rafaelswaithe.tumblr.com)

"Okay, put one hand here," Sweet Pea instructed, guiding your hand to one of the handlebars and the other to the other side. "The other one here."

"I could have figured that one out, Sweets," you teased, smirking over at your boyfriend from where you sat on his motorcycle.

He narrowed his eyes playfully, pointing a finger at you, "Watch it."

You giggled quietly, puckering your lips for a kiss, which he obliged, leaning over the handlebars to press a quick kiss to your lips.

"Alright, so, you have your clutch, gear shift, throttle, and your brakes," he spoke, gesturing to each thing. You nodded as you listened closely, trying to retain all of it. You didn't know how to drive a standard car, much less a bike, but you'd wanted to learn just in case. Plus, it was something that the two of you could spend time doing together.

With Sweet Pea's temper and the way that he easily got irritated with most things, you half expected him to not be a great teacher. But with you, he'd been patient, and things had been great so far. He was hesitant to be too harsh with you, and it paid off, because it kept you from getting frustrated yourself.

"Alright," he spoke, stepping from in front of the bike to stand beside it. "When you feel comfortable, take it out of neutral and let off the clutch, slowly," he guided you, ensuring to specify that last part.

You did as he said, feeling the bike gradually begin to move forward, inch by inch.

"Okay, now give it some gas. Just a little to get it moving," he said, moving alongside the bike.

Doing as he instructed, you felt the bike begin to roll forward a bit quicker then, and you grinned to yourself. You were actually doing it. Sure, this was only the beginning stages, but you were getting there, and that was what mattered to you at the moment.

"Good, babe, that's good," Sweet Pea praised you, a soft smile on his lips. "Let off the throttle and pull your brake to stop. Take the clutch and put it back into neutral."

You did as he said, and he moved over to you, putting the kickstand down on the bike to level it. Leaning in, he pressed a kiss to your lips, and you let out a soft sigh as you returned it.

It had been a few months since the two of you had gotten together, but still, you swooned with each kiss. Sweet Pea was a great kisser, and despite his hard reputation, he was very good to you. You adored everything about him, even at times when he made you so frustrated that you could barely think straight.

"I didn't think that the teacher was supposed to distract the student this way," you teased, a sly smirk on your lips as you lifted a hand, your thumb moving to stroke gently over his jaw.

Sweet Pea rolled his eyes playfully, shaking his head, "Normally, I'd agree, but sometimes the temptation is just too much," he replied, brushing his nose affectionately against yours before taking a step back and standing up straight.

"Alright, let's give it another try, see how much you remember," Sweet Pea spoke, gesturing for you to reposition yourself on the bike and do the steps that he'd taught you over again.

——————————

Sweet Pea had left about half an hour ago, catching a ride in the truck with FP to do a job for him and the Serpents. Spotting his bike keys on the hook by the door, an idea began to swirl around in your head.

You'd been having Sweets teach you how to ride his bike for about a week, and you were starting to really get the hang of it. You'd made it all the way down the street and back a couple of days ago, and you smiled to yourself as you remembered just how proud of you Sweet Pea had been.