Mystery Man

Credits to: On My Block Fangirl (addictofsupernatural.tumblr.com)

Summary: When shy girl y/n catches Sweet Pea's eye, he decides to show her some gratitude. The only problem is, she doesn't know it's him.

You didn't really have that much friends. You were a shy person, and it took a bit to get you to open up. Betty didn't care, and saw something in you that she liked. So you became best friends with the core four. People still made fun of you at the artificial school called Riverdale High, but it didn't bother you most of the time since you knew there were people in your life that liked you for the "freak" that you are.

Being shy also made you very observant. When people weren't making fun of you, they ignored you, and being invisible made it easier to witness all that was going on. Of course you did go back and talk about some things you'd hear with Betty, Jughead and Veronica. But that's how you've come to known Sweet Pea.

He wasn't as bad as so many Northside students made him seem to be. Not at all. In your eyes, he was just looking out for his family, the Serpents. It wasn't his fault he was born the wrong side of town, yet people were quick to judge him. He was easily angry, but you saw that it was because of everybody's judgements. You saw that he didn't want people to think he was weak, so he used anger to show people otherwise.

That's why you decided to help him. You figured you should just mind your business, but you felt bad for the tall serpent sitting next to you who was struggling with the equations. He never asked for help since people would just label him as stupid.

He buried his face in his hands in frustration. How was he supposed to pass this class when the teacher is doing lessons that he never learned at Southside High?

He was brought out of his thoughts when he felt a tap on his arm. He turned his head towards you, looking you up and down. "Do you need help?" You asked quietly.

He just stared at you. He didn't know if it were a joke or not. "What?" Was the only thing that came out of his mouth. He then felt more stupid.

You took it upon yourself to grab his notebook and begin to write on the problem he's been stuck on. "Do you get how I set that up?" He shook his head. "So since it has an exclamation mark, it means that it multiplies with all the numbers before it, up to 1. But to make it easier, when you write out the numbers you stop when it's the same as the bottom of the fraction so you can cross it out. That way the bottom is 1 and you don't have to simplify. All you have to do is multiply the rest of the numbers."

You gave him back his notebook, and he continued to stare at you. You suddenly felt really hot and small in your seat. You went back to your own notebook, and Sweet Pea did the same.

By some miracle, the rest of the problems were easy to complete. He looked around at almost the entire class struggling, but he was done. He didn't feel so dumb as he usually felt. He looked over to you. You were done as well, and were doodling on your pages.

"Alright everyone," Ms. Danvers brought everybody's attention to her. "Pencils down. Let's review." She looked around the room, noticing Sweet Pea staring at you instead of the board. "Sweet Pea." He snapped his head to her. "Since you don't find it important to pay attention, why don't you tell us the answer to number 1?"

"Uh, 235." Ms. Danvers looked at him with a mixture of shock and annoyance. She ignored him, moving on to the second question. Sweet Pea smiled to himself before looking to you. You smiled back.

When he kept his gaze on you, your face felt hot and your smile faded as you quickly looked back to your notebook. He internally chuckled at you. He noticed how your hair covered some of your face, and that you had a cute figure that you hid as well with a flannel.