Secret Vows - Part 1/2

Credits to: jess🥀 (southside-jess.tumblr.com)

Almost a year ago, Sweet Pea and I shared our vows with each other in an intimate ceremony in Greendale. No one there but us, the officiant of our marriage and a witness. The physical symbol of our union being two vintage rings that we bought from an antique shop, just moments before we said, 'I do'. Our wedding was nothing glamorous, but it was perfect for us.

We hadn't told anyone about our marriage, avoiding judgement due to our young age. Our rings were worn around our necks, Sweet Pea's with his signature dog tags, and mine on a simple chain that matched the one that my husband had.

-

Sweet Pea's POV

After an afternoon at the Whyte Wyrm, playing pool against Fangs as he had some twisted idea in his head that he could beat me... idiot... it had turned 6pm, the time that my gorgeous wife was due to finish her shift at Pop's. As much as I loved hanging out with my friends, I couldn't think of anything better than getting home and cuddling on the couch, watching some crappy TV show, but she loved it, so I could never complain.

Knowing it could take her a good half an hour before she got home, I ordered another drink from the bar, opting for simple glass of Pepsi as I had to ride home and was sure that I was probably already pushing it with the drinks, especially because I had to sneak the beers from Toni due to my age. I grabbed the glass walking back over to my previous position, watching as Fangs collected the pool balls from the machine, smirking as he looked my away.

"Got time for one last game Pea?"

Laughing at his deluded confidence, I put my drink down and picked up my pool cue one more time, leaning on the table as he put the balls in position, ready for the first shot to be taken.

"One. Then I really gotta go"

"I know, I know. I'll make it quick".

I rolled my eyes before mumbling under my breath, "no. I'll make it quick". Smirking as I aligned my shot, hitting all the balls with force, sending three straight into the pockets, grinning to myself as I heard a disappointed scoff come from Fangs' direction.

-

Have to admit, the kid put on a good game, but as always it just wasn't good enough. He handed over a $10 bill from the standing bet that always stands whenever we play against each other, I folded it over and slid it into my back pocket, glancing over at the clock as I did so.

6:45pm.

My eyebrow raised as I took note of the time, Y/N should be home by now, or at least messaged me to say she was running late like she normally did. I took my phone from pocket and pressed the home button just to reveal my lock screen, a photo of us on our secret wedding day, my heart warming as I looked at the smile that complemented her face so beautifully.

I held onto my phone firmly in my hand, in case she was to call any moment, as I advanced towards the bar where Toni was cleaning some glasses.

"Hey Topaz, haven't heard from Y/N have you?"

She turned to me with concern on her face, knowing it was unusual for her to not text me to let me know that she had finished work.

"Not since she sent that baby photo of you into the group chat earlier, no. Maybe she's just running late again? You know what her shifts are like sometimes".

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck with my free hand.

"Maybe, yeah". I perched on the bar stool, my elbow resting on the bar with my head resting in my hand, staring intensely at my phone waiting for it to ring but when it did, it was not the number I was hoping for.