ROOKIE

Credits to: M (storiesbymads.tumblr.com)

"God, who does she think she is," you groaned as you watched the most recent center of Sweet Pea's attention push her non-existent cleavage together underneath her new serpent jacket.

"Don't worry too much about it. Pea's just showing her the ropes," Toni assured you, pouring a few drinks for some of the older serpents hanging around. The new girl was bent over the pool table, her panties in full view under her mini skirt as the tried to hit at least one ball into the pocket.

"He loves you way too much to lose you for some rookie," Fangs said and drank the last little bit of beer left in his bottle. His comment caused your face to heat up at the thought, even though the both of you have said it to each other many times in the past.

"I sure hope so," you mumbled, signaling Toni to pour you a drink and downed the glass of whiskey in one sip.

As the night slowly droned on, you couldn't help but keep your eyes on the fresh meat draped all over your boyfriend, his attention equally on her. The pool game slowly moved to the bar which is where they were seated now, a cocky smirk plastered on his face. Finally, you'd had enough and practically stomped over to where they were.

"Sweets, I'm tired, can we head home now?" you asked as you tried your hardest to conceal any anger from showing on your face. Sweet Pea knew, though, simply from the face that you glaring at the new serpent while your bottom lip was being held hostage between your teeth.

"Sweet Pea was just telling me a story, he can't go home now," the girl said, her eyelashes fluttering as she looked at him. He just kinda looked at you like 'you heard the lady' before continuing on with his little anecdote. With a scowl on your face, you simply turned and sautered out of the Whyte Wyrm and to your bike.

The next morning, you didn't even bother asking Sweet Pea for a ride to school. He was probably riding with that newbie anyway.

"Ignoring him now?" Toni chuckled as she noticed the usually stuck-to-the-hip couple not even in sight.

"Not like he'll notice," if you were a cartoon right now, there would be a cloud of green smoke surrounding your body.

"Speak of the devil," she piped in, nodding to the doorway as Sweet Pea strutted in with the blonde serpent on his side. "And he will come."

"Still jealous of Ali?" Fangs asked as walked over to the two of you. The name cause a spark of confusion to surge through you. You'd never bothered to learn her name, but now that you knew it it left a foul taste in your mouth.

"Yep," Toni said, popping the p as Fangs nudged your side with his elbow. You shot him a short glare before bringing your gaze back to Ali. Every day, her outfit seemed to get skimpier and skimpier. The slightly oversized jacket she'd gotten when she officially became a southside serpent was longer than her shorts. It was a wonder she didn't get dress coded.

"Until he decides I'm more important than that girl, he's not going to get any of my attention," you grumbled and began to strut towards your locker on the opposite end of the hall. As soon as you left your small group, Sweet Pea and Ali joined in.

"Where's she going?" Sweet Pea asked with furrowed eyebrows, nodding in your direction as he watched you walk down the hall.

"Away from you," Toni said, spinning around to venture to her own locker shortly after. Fangs just placed his hand on Sweet Pea's shoulder with a small smile and walked away as well, leaving Sweets to stand in the middle of the crowded hallway with a very confused look on his face and a petite blonde right at his side.

When lunch rolled around, you were as far away from Sweet Pea as the lunchroom would allow. That meant you were sitting with Toni, Cheryl, and her gang with Sweets' gaze locked right on you. All the while, Ali was still adamntly trying to keep his attention and failing.

"Lover Boy's got his eyes on you," Toni teased, pointing her fork in his direction behind you, causing you to slightly look over your shoulder only to see him talking to Ali.

"Yeah right, he's all over that new girl," you scoffed and continued to eat the mediocre lunch food they served here.

"Look, sweetie. As much as you are trying to deny it, not-so Sweet Pea is head over heels for you," Cheryl piped in, the rest of the girls at the table silently nodding as you looked back at him again. This time, however, his gaze was placed on you. The surprised look quickly morphed to surprise then longing.

"Go talk to him," Toni said, trying to shove you to him from the other side of the table as you slightly chuckled before stumbling up from the bench and over to your giant of a boyfriend.

"Sweet Pea, can we talk?" you asked, his head nodding rapidly as he stood up from the bench. "Alone?"

"Yeah, yeah," he said and followed you outside of the lunchroom into the somewhat empty hallway exempt of a Northsider eating his lunch near his locker. "What do you want to talk about?"

"You've been ignoring me," you crossed your arms over your chest. "To hang out with that new serpent. Ali was her name, I think."

"I've just been helping her out a little," he said.

"For an entire week? I've seen you about three times and that girl was all over you," a scoff fell from your lips as he uncrossed your arms and took your hands into his own.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'll get one of the other guys to hang out with her, alright. I love you," Sweet Pea's head ducked down to look you in the eyes.

"Yeah," you mumbled, not being able to stop yourself from moving closer to him.

"I love you," he repeated himself, your noses touching from the close proximity.

"Yeah, yeah, love you, too," you said with a smirk before tilting your head to press your lips against his for a short kiss.

"How about we head over to mine to make up for lost time?" he asked with a devious glint in his eyes.

"Nothing would make me happier."

Credits to: M (storiesbymads.tumblr.com)