𝖺 𝗄𝖺𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝗋 𝖺 𝗀𝖺𝗀𝖺

Medley hated waking up, knowing Finn wasn't here to call her everyday

She walked over to Delilah's room where she spelt peacefully in her bed, Medley smiled before walking out of her bedroom and over to her phone. She played her messages as she put some bread in the toaster.

One was from Rachel, and one was from Puck. He was coming round in thirty minutes. Medley ate her toast and changed as well as doing all of her other things she needed to do.

She walked into Delilah's room and woke her up, Delilah would be going to kindergarten in one year. Medley couldn't believe that. Delilah changed into some clothes as Medley made her some breakfast.

"Mama?" Delilah asked as she came round the corner.

"Yes?" Medley asked and then a knock came from the door. "Who's that?" Delilah asked, Medley picked her up and put her down on the coach as she opened the door.

"Hey," Puck said as he walked in, he noticed the bags under Medley's eyes from the lack of sleep from losing Finn.

"What's up?" Medley asked him as they walked into the living room, Delilah saw Puck and ran up to him. He hugged her before picking her up.

"I have something to tell you, both of you," Puck said, he sounded upset but it wasn't going to let it all out.

"I'm going to the army..."

Medley stood quietly, she didn't want to move.

"No." She said to him, he furrowed her eyebrows at her before putting Delilah down and she ran off into the kitchen.

"What?" He asked her.

"What if you get hurt or even worse?" She asked to him he shrugged his shoulders.

"I won't, Medley. I'm doing this for Finn!" He told her and she folded her arms. "Noah, if you get hurt or worse would I do with myself?" She asked him.

He stood quietly as he looked over at the innocent girl who didn't know she could be losing her dad in a blink of an eye.

"I don't want Delilah growing up without her dad..." Medley said, a tear slipping from her eye. "I just lost Finn, I can't lose you too!" She cried. Puck wrapped his arms around her, she nodded her head agreeing with herself.

"Go." She told him. He nodded his head before walking out of the apartment.

"I won't get hurt, I promise." He told her. "I love you..." she said to him, knowing this could be the last time. "I love you, too. Say goodbye to Delilah for me, I don't want to hurt her." He said and Medley nodded her head.

She kissed him gently before closing the door, she leaned her back on it and muffled her cries so Delilah wouldn't hear them. Medley wiped her tears and dried her eyelashes so there was no proof she had cried.

She walked into the kitchen where Delilah ate her breakfast.

"Delilah..." Medley said to her quietly, she leaned down to the girls size as she held her hands.

"Um, you won't see dad for a long time. H-he, he's gone travelling far, far away and he may never come back but I promise you he will do his best to, he said he loves you so much..." Medley told the girl.

Delilah didn't understand, she was so confused but then she noticed Medley crying so she hugged her.

"Don't worry, mama." She told her and Medley chuckled at the little girl. "I love you."

"I love you, too."