11

TAEHYUNG'S POV:

        What ....how can this happen...when did they ask permission from me ???. The crowd around us happily cheered where I was standing not knowing what to do. I have a girlfriend whom I was planning to propose today....but they have already arranged my marriage. That too with Hana as in my best friend!!!. Didnt she know that I'm gonna propose Emily. Isn't she the one to select the ring.

     "Come on the stage my children". My dad's voice brought me back.  Emily also seem to be shocked but she gave me a pat on the shoulder and told me to go. What have gotten into her. They're planning to marry her boyfriend to someone else. Isn't she gonna be like a girl to shout and cry. Why isn't she doing anything but encouraging me to go??. Turning my head to see Hana I saw her looking at me like she has seen a ghost.

HANA'S POV:

     Fear engulfed my body. This can't be happening. He s planning to propose Emily. How will he take this news. How will he react. Did Emily told our parents about my love fr him ?. What will happen now?. Mr.Kim told us to stand on the stage. My feet didnt move an inch too afraid to know his reaction. I felt a stare on me and turned my head in his direction. He was seeing me like a person from whom he got betrayed. Shaking my head I tired to say something but no words came from my mouth. Facing the other direction from my face he started walking on the stage. Not wanting any unnecessary rumors, I made my presence on the stage.

     "Today will the engagement day fr them and the wedding date will be fixed soon". Was my dad's words. Why didnt they talk to us before doing anything. I whisper near my dad's ears " Dad what r u doing ??". He answered with a simple smile. Taehyung's and my face became pale after hearing about Engagement. Its gonna make a big trouble within our family. Covering the mic with his hand and giving a small smile with nod Taehyung asked "Dad what's going on here ?...what r u even doing ??".
"Son we will talk about it later but now pls put the ring on Hana's hand".

    The slogan "cat got the tongue" was true in my situation. Neither could I nor Taehyung do anything. All the crowd are expecting happily to see a beautiful engagement without knowing what's happening in real. We both can't shout or make any scene now cause our parents are very much reputational. Suddenly my mom brought a ring box out of nowhere. My breath itched. But the ring inside has been broken a little. "Ohh.God ..do you have any ring with you honey ? Its a little broken". My mom voiced out. Without ring engagement won't happen. So I was kinda happy.

     "Here!! Taehyung brought this ring". Mrs.Kim gave the same box which had Emily's ring to my mom. How did Mrs.Kim had this??. This should be with Taehyung right ??. confusion, fear, shock every emotion felt in my body. My eyes met Taehyung's to see him equally shocked and was searching his pockets. What is he searching ??.

TAEHYUNG'S POV:

     How do my mom has the ring ?? When do she took it ?? . I was searching it in my pockets but couldn't find it. "Okay !! Now that we got the ring ... Taehyung do the honors pls!!". What am I gonna do now??. Why s fate playing a game right now ??. I turned my head to see Emily. She was having tears in her eyes but she mouthed me to do it. What s she doing ??. My mom extended the box in front of me to take the ring. Hesitantly I took the ring , gave Emily a look which she just smiled and saw Hana who was having a look on her face which I can't pinpoint. Taking my steps towards her , I took her Hand and placed the finger on her ring finger.

HANA'S POV:

     I'm engaged... I'm engaged to him. I'm engaged to my FIRST LOVE. But how can be happy??. I'm stoling someone's love. Blinking my eyes I stared at the ring which actually belonged to Emily was now in my finger shinning proudly. Lifting my face I saw him head hung low with his bottom lip in between his teeth. He s controlling himself not to cry. I can understand it. The crowd once again cheered fr us with our parents smiling happily.

This maybe a happy moment but in my life its a second biggest day I won't forget.

I'm afraid what will happen after this celebration. Will it be a celebration or a funeral ???