His Emotions

Thank you for reading. Enjoy~
______________________________________

As you kept talking to Keigo about your miserable, boring life your phone rung.

You looked at Keigo as he took a huge bite into a chicken wing. He looked at you, mouth full, and did you a slight nod giving you the okay to answer it.

I mean you could've just answered it by yourself with no permission. That would be very rude at the dinner table. Especially with an old friend.

You gave a small smile at Keigo before picking up the phone from the table. It was face down so you couldn't see the contact. Until now.

It was Kai. Oh why now? You awkwardly smiled again before answering it.

Some static and commotion was heard from the other line before a muffled voice spoke.

"Hello Y/n. I'm terribly sorry for calling at this unknown hour." Kai spoke and it didn't sound very clear. Is he still wearing that damn bird mask?! You complained to yourself before answering.

"It's really fine actually. I was just um hanging out here hehe." You said trying to sound undisturbed.

A sigh was heard from the end of the phone. "I see. Again I'm sorry for troubling you but something popped up today. I was hoping and wondering if you would watch my dearest Eri." Kai spoke from his phone.

The way he said dearest sent shivers down your spine. But there was another problem, you were with Keigo. Shit. You had to respond quick.

I mean there were no other jobs! This was it.

"Oh Eri haha. W-well of course I could um watch her. I-I'm just a bit busy right now. Is it alright if I could go in about 20 minutes? I promise I won't be long!" You said frantically hoping he wouldn't get mad.

Kai didn't seem like a softie to you. Let alone a happy guy. A sigh was heard before some more static came over.

"Alright that's fine. As long as you are free. Are you sure?" He questioned you. "Yes definitely! Anything for work. I'll um see you later. At your house?" You asked the last question.

"Correct. See you then, Y/n." He hung up and another tingle went down your spine at how he said your name.

"Right." You sighed putting your phone back on the dining table. You sighed and rubbed your temple.

Keigo looked at you with a soft smile. "You okay there Y/n?" Keigo asked you as you had your head down.

You lifted it up faster than you could get fired from a job. "What oh um yes! I'm just perfect. It's just that my boss called and asked if I could go in today." You scratched the back of your neck.

Also remembering that Kai told you not to call him boss. Keigo chuckled. "Well we're all done with our meal. And I paid while you were talking." He said with a cheeky grin.

Your eye's lit up like saucers. "You paid already?!" You yelled but soon calmed down as you noticed you were in public.

"Yeah it was the least I could do." He smiled sweetly. "Thank you Keigo." You smiled back at him.

"I have to go too. O/d/yn just called and said she needed another checkup on our boy. Do you want me to fly you back or you got it?" Keigo said while you two walked out.

You laughed. "I got it Keigo. Your family needs you asap if it's a baby we're talking about. Thanks anyways. And make sure to tell your girl I said hi!" You yelled at him as he got ready to leave.