Cooking by the Book

Never use a messy recipe. Enjoy~
____________________________________

Your heart squeezed at the little girl's words. She waited to see you. She wanted to see you.

This little girl is too precious for this cruel world. You smiled as you hugged Eri for a millisecond longer.

Eri's facial expression turned to look quite downcast as you placed her on the floor level again. She was still at your side, staying close by your leg.

Kai replayed the scene in his dark mind. He glanced down at his daughter who appeared to have grown, brighter.

Eri was the center of attention in this room now. The difference in the atmosphere was astronomical. All because Y/n had stepped inside.

"Didn't you mention that you never had your breakfast this morning?" Kai spoke breaking the momentum in the house.

He adjusted the white glove on his left hand. Eri tensed up but relaxed after your hand stroked some of her long hair.

"N-no I didn't." You said in a quiet manor. "I believe I mentioned that we hadn't had breakfast either." The male said, thinking with his gloved hand on his chin.

After a few seconds of silence you spoke up. "Well then since I'm staying here for a while, I might as well help. I'm not the best cook in the kitchen." You brought up and smiled recalling the moment you almost choked to death on pancakes.

Kai's golden yellow eyes searched up to gaze at you. "What do you mean Y/n?" Your name rolled out his tongue like a piece of fabric silk.

Stop it! You shouldn't be falling for a man who offered you a job! You shook your head and journeyed back down to earth.

"I mean that I can help prepare breakfast. I-if that's alright with you." You stated and gave him a nodding look.

He sighed. "I don't see the point in saying no. I assume you know where the kitchen is. Knock yourself out Y/n." He motioned towards the kitchen.

Not even taking a step Eri tugged on your pants. You glanced down at the girl. "So does that mean your making me breakfast and staying Y/n?" She asked with glowing red orbs.

"It definitely does Eri." You genuinely smiled and crouched down to her level. "What's your favorite breakfast? Do you want anything special today?" You questioned and her pupils grew wider.

"Can we have cake for breakfast?" She whispered in your ear. You giggled. "Let's see if we can." You rose up from your spot on the ground.

"It seems that Eri wants to have cake for breakfast." You said causing Kai to jolt up.

He groaned deeply before turning around. Damn it's hot in here. "How typical. A kid wanting cake for breakfast." He looked down at Eri with glowing, squinted eyes.

She pouted and faces down with a sad emotion. "You can't stop kids from wanting things. What matters is that they eat it, right?" You asked him with a more serious facial expression.

Kai nodded. "I guess you are correct. Do as you please." With a wave of the white glove he was about to walk away.

About to? You carefully took ahold of his wrist, pulling him back.

The male gasped and looked back. Not even minutes later your faces were centimeters away from each other.

You inhaled a sharp breath at the quick sensation you felt. Your heart sped up and began to beat rapidly.

Dammit! It wouldn't stop beating. You could feel the hot breath coming from his mask just above your lip. Kai's brown hair fell and touched your forehead.