Surprise

F/c is favorite color. Be READY for the next readers. Enjoy~
___________________________________

After the whole mishap and exchange of words with your sister, you were lost in your thoughts.

Has Eri never been on a play date before? Why would S/n ask something out of the blue like that? What the hell would Kai think if I asked him? Chunks of thoughts swirled in your confused brain.

"Y/n?" Eri said your name while holding the sweets in her hand and swinging the bag along as she walked.

"Yes Eri?" You asked with a smile, shaking your head to pay attention to the little child.

Eri looked down growing shy.

"Thank you for getting me c-candy Y/n." She said looking at her tiny feet. Her long platinum ponytails falling as she held her head down.

You blinked staring at how kind Eri was. She was a sweet child yet, she didn't discover half of the things you showed her all her life until today.

Out of joy you squeezed her hand and laughed. "Don't worry Eri, it was my pleasure fairest princess of the land. Anything you want, I can ask your dad for a little bit of money and you can have fun!" You said with a cheerful emotion.

Eri's big red eyes grew even bigger as she heard you speak. "B-but daddy is sometimes m-mean. You w-would do that for m-me Y/n?" She asked with a puppy face.

Deep down inside thinking back at the horrid memories of her dad being cruel to her. She shivered and leaned into your arm, resting her head and gazing at you.

You noticed her sudden change. When Eri was with you, she felt warm inside. Like that final puzzle piece that was missing all her life, it was complete.

I need to tell Y/n I really love her, so she won't leave me. Eri thought still eyeing you mysteriously.

You flinched for a second and thought about your words. "If it's for you Eri, I'm sure your dad will say yes. I know I would if I was your parent." You genuinely smiled at her.

A little touch of pain in your heart knowing that she wasn't your daughter. Yet, she felt like a baby angel that came from heaven and lifted your life to the fullest in your dull moment.

You didn't know that you also brought that same feeling on a silver platter towards Eri. You were her savior angel.

"I want you to be my parent." Eri whispered before sighing. Just tell her Eri. She can be your parent, daddy loves her too. Maybe, I can never tell. She thought about her scary dad mustering up all her courage.

She squeezed her eyes shut and held onto you as a support guide. Eri was communicating with her mind.

"My Eri is everything okay?" You asked and gasped, noticing her position and rewinding back to the words that just left your mouth.

I called her my Eri. I'm just her babysitter, but want to be so much more. You internally said, emotions mixing as Eri opened her red eyes.

"Y-y/n. I-I r-really love you. I-I I want y-you to be m-my other parent." The words finally fell out of her mouth. The pressure that was laying on her chest now drifted into yours.

The little girl looked at the sidewalk ahead, awaiting your answer.

You were shocked. Flabbergasted. Speechless at how these huge words and feelings could even come out of this small knowledgeable child.

"E-Eri." You managed to say still in space of it all. "Huh?" She said giving you a precious face.

"I-I wish I can be your parent sweetie. B-but it all depends on your dad. I love you too, okay?" You said patting her head with a smile cheering her up.