Chapter 2: The Nickname

Y/n - Your Name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

After dinner I helped Molly clean and put the silverware and dishes away. Then Hermione and Ginny came over and took a hold of me while walking towards the stairs. As they did this I saw Fred starting to walk over to me. I gave him an apologetic smile and mouthed 'sorry' as I was dragged up the stairs. "We're going to have so much fun," Hermione said as we walked towards my room.

"So what do you guys want to talk about?" Ginny asked as she layed on the bed while dangling her head and arms off of it.

"I don't know about you but I'd like to talk about how Hermione looks at Ron," I said smirking at Hermione.

Hermione turned towards me and picked up a pillow, "Y/n!"

I laughed before saying, "Come on Hermione, you can't ignore your feelings forever. You have to act on them!"

"Like you're one to talk," Hermione said while throwing the pillow in her arms at me.

Ginny giggled, "You didn't deny it, Hermione!"

Hermione blushed and turned around to look out of the window in frustration. "Wait, what do you mean Hermione?" I asked holding onto the pillow.

Hermione turned around shocked, "Oh come on, Y/n! It's so obvious that you're in love with Fred."

I slightly opened my mouth while looking between the two girls. "Don't think the way you act around him has gone unnoticed, Y/n," Ginny smiled towards me.

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," I responded.

"Oh whatever," Hermione said as she walked to the bed.

"Let's just watch the movie," she said as she got under the covers next to me smiling.

~Time skip~

Hermione and Ginny had left to go to bed about an hour ago and I was still shifting in my bed unable to sleep. I started thinking about what Hermione and Ginny said. Do I really love Fred? Is it that obvious? Does he know? Does he feel the same?

I realized I wasn't going to get any sleep soon so I sat on the edge of the bed. I looked at the ground and thought some more about how I felt and how he felt. What would he say if I told him I liked him? If he didn't feel the same would that ruin our friendship?

I shrugged it off and decided that I just needed some water, so I stood up and opened the bedroom door. I walked downstairs to the kitchen. When I got there I noticed that same ginger sitting on the counter while drinking a glass of water.

When Fred noticed me he smiled and patted on the space next to him. I walked over and sat on the counter as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "You can't sleep either?" he asked.

"No, I figured water might help," I replied.

"Oh, let me get that for you," he said as he removed his arm and got off of the counter.

I smiled while watching him grab a glass out of the cabinet. "Are you excited to go back to Hogwarts?" he asked while filling the glass with water.

"Yeah, mainly excited to see everyone," I answered.

He gave me the glass before sitting back on the counter next to me. "And of course I'm excited to watch my two favorite beaters play Quidditch," I said while taking the glass.

"We better be your favorites," he said while smiling at me as I had a sip of water.

"Always will be, oh and thank you for the water," I said returning the smile.

"Anything for you, love," he said putting his arm back around me.

My heart skipped a beat, as I smiled at him calling me love, "Is that my new nickname?"

He looked a bit worried as if I didn't like him calling me that so I quickly said, "I love it," while laying my head on his shoulder.

~Time skip~

Fred's POV:

Suddenly I felt Y/n relax completely, she must've fallen asleep, I realized. I drop off of the counter and then picked Y/n up. I carried her up the stairs and to her room, where I sat her down onto her bed. Then I slowly placed the covers over her.

I watched her adjust in the bed and smiled to myself. I lowered down to her face and kissed her on the forehead, "Good night, Y/n."

I quietly opened her door and closed it behind me when I heard another door opening, it was George coming out of our room. He smirked at me as he realized where I'd come from, "I knew you two were snogging."

"It's not like that-" I tried to explain before he cut me off.

"Freddie, everyone knows you fancy her," he said while walking down the stairs.

I shrugged it off and went back to my room to try and fall asleep. But I was wide awake thinking about what George said so I wondered to myself, Do I fancy Y/n? Is it that obvious? Does she know? Does she feel the same?..

I eventually decided that it was unlikely she felt the same and that I didn't want to ruin our friendship, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Word Count: 899