Chapter 55: The Battle of Hogwarts Part 2

Y/n - Your Name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

We all sat there for a while until we heard quiet footsteps coming down the staircase towards us. Hermione lifted her head from Ron's shoulder before quickly standing up. I lifted my head from Fred's shoulder, seeing that it was Harry and that he'd clearly been crying.

"Where've you been?" Hermione asked as Ron stood up with her.

"We thought you went to the forest," Ron added as Fred, George, and I stood up.

"I'm going there now," Harry said emotionless as he continued to walk down the stairs, directly between Ron and Hermione.

"What?" I asked, concerned.

"Are you mad? No," Ron said, all of us following Harry down the stairs, "You can't give yourself up to him."

"You can't, mate," Fred said.

"We can beat him," George insisted as Harry stopped walking.

"What is it, Harry?" Hermione asked when Harry didn't answer, "What is it you know?"

"There's a reason I can hear them, the Horcruxes," Harry began, turning around to look at all of us with glassy eyes, "I think I've known for a while, and I think you have too."

Hermione began to cry again as she said, "I'll go with you."

"No, kill the snake," Harry instructed, "Kill the snake and then it's just him."

Hermione quickly walked forward as she cried, wrapping her arms around Harry. As they exited the hug Hermione hardly let him go, starting to cry harder as he left. "Why can he hear them?" I asked confused, watching as he left the castle.

Hermione looked at me, tears falling down her face. "Harry's a Horcrux," Hermione explained, "In order for You-Know-Who to die-"

She interrupted herself with a choked sob as I realized what she meant. "He has to die?" I asked.

Hermione nodded, Ron pulling her into a hug as she cried into his shoulder. I looked up at Fred and George as a tear began to fall down my cheek. Fred took a hold of my hand, bringing me back down to the stairs as I began to cry harder.

Fred pulled me between his legs, laying me on his chest as he combed his fingers through my hair. George sat down next to us, setting his head into his hands as we all cried silently together.

Eventually we'd all stopped crying and the sobs had turned into sniffles. We just sat in each other's company until we heard someone walking out of the Great Hall. We looked up, seeing Neville limp out of the castle.

"I'm going to go and see what he's doing," Hermione said as she stood up, wiping her face clean of her tears, "I want to do anything to distract myself."

We all sighed, standing up to follow after her. As we walked outside we saw Neville brushing off the Sorting Hat, standing on top of rubble. When I was about to say something to him he looked up, seeming to notice something as he limped forward.

I looked where Neville was looking, noticing that the Death Eaters were on their way back, walking across the Viaduct. They were restraining Hagrid with ropes as he carried someone. When they entered the Courtyard so did everyone else that was fighting for Hogwarts.

We all stood still, my eyes landing on the snake that was slithering beside Voldemort. "Who is that Hagrid's carrying?" Ginny asked as she approached Neville, "Neville, who is it?"