Chapter 42: The Gift

Y/n - Your Name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

Harry, Ron, and I were sat in a compartment on the way to King's Cross Station. Instead of apparating to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes I decided to ride the train back while Harry explained what we heard, but not before sending Fred and George and owl so they didn't worry. I sat next to Harry as he explained, Ron sitting across from us with a look of disbelief.

"'Unbreakable Vow?'" Ron asked looking between us, "You're sure that's what Snape said?"

I nodded as Harry said, "Positive, why?"

"Well, it's just you can't break an Unbreakable Vow," Ron pointed out.

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough," Harry said sarcastically.

"You don't understand," Ron paused as he looked over at the compartment door, "Oh, bloody hell."

I followed Ron's gaze to see Lavender, exhaling heavily onto the glass door before drawing a heart. I looked back at Ron who seemed to be trying to force a smile while Lavender began writing "R + L" onto the fogged glass.

Harry began fiddling with our shared seat, waiting for her to leave. I looked back to the door as she exhaled once more, just before whispering to Ron, "I miss you," and walking away.

"Lovely," Harry said immediately after she'd gone.

I chuckled before Ron leaned closer to us, "All she wants to do is snog me. My lips are getting chapped, look!"

Ron moved even closer, trying to show us his lips while Harry and I both leaned backwards, Harry saying quickly, "We'll take your word for it!"

Harry moved his legs back onto the ground as Ron sat back down. Hermione walked by the door, her eyes immediately going to Lavender's drawing. She looked at all of us before quickly walking away while all of us watched sympathetically, even Ron.

"So, what happens to you?" Harry paused as he looked between Ron and I, "What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?"

Ron looked at Harry uncomfortably before saying, "You die."

We all went silent before I stood up, "Well, I'm going to go and find Hermione."

They nodded silently as I walked out of the compartment, turning to the drawing and rubbing it off with my sleeve. It may have just been a stupid drawing but I was slightly mad at how upset it made Hermione.

I eventually found Hermione with Neville, Ginny, Dean, and Seamus. "Hey, Hermione?" I said as I opened the compartment door, "Are you alright?"

Hermione looked at me before swallowing hard, "Yes, perfectly fine."

"Mind if I sit?" I asked Dean and Seamus since Hermione was sitting with Neville and Ginny.

"Not at all," Seamus said in his thick Irish accent, gesturing to his left as he scooted closer to Dean.

The rest of the way there we talked about how school was going for them, how Fred and George's shop was doing, and our plans for Christmas. Ginny and I exited the train before saying goodbye to Hermione, Neville, Seamus, and Dean. We looked for Molly and Arthur in the crowd, since they were picking us up.

Eventually spotting their bright red hair, we walked towards them. The moment Molly saw us she wrapped Ginny in a loving hug, then turning to me, giving me a bone crushing one. As we exited the hug she held my face, "How have you been, dearie?"

"I've been great, how about yourself?" I asked with a small smile.

"I've been wonderful, thank you," Molly responded with a bright smile.