Chapter 22: The Letter

A/N:

Surprise! I decided to continue this book after receiving requests to do so. Thank you so much for the reads, votes, and comments. I hope you like the continuation just as much, enjoy reading! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n - Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

Over the summer my grandmother got severely sick and ended up passing while holding my hand. After that summer got pretty depressing. It made it worse that all the Daily Prophet ever published in was slander towards Harry or Dumbledore. Even though it makes me agitated everytime I read the paper, I still purchase every single one.

I read the newest one titled, "The Boy Who Lies," for a few minutes before slamming it onto my bed, "That's complete rubbish!"

I threw myself backwards onto my bed out of frustration, and began to stare at the ceiling. I can't wait for summer to be over and go back to Hogwarts. Everything seems so bland without everyone.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud bang coming from my window. I quickly turned my head towards the noise before reluctantly standing up and walking towards it.

After opening the window I peered out and saw nothing. I started to back away from the window before deciding to peer out again, but this time looking towards the ground.

Errol, the Weasleys' family owl, was lying on the ground flapping his winds next to a letter that he must've been carrying. I shook my head smiling realizing he must've run into the closed window. I quickly walked towards my desk, grabbing Errol a treat, before running downstairs.

As I approached Errol I kneeled down and held out a treat in the palm of my hand. He cooed before accepting the treat happily. I smiled before picking up the letter. Noticing that the letter was addressed to me and from Fred. I couldn't wait any longer, I had to open it now.

I carefully opened the envelope, hoping to not set off anything. But knowing Fred, there was something inside, and knowing my luck, I set it off on accident. Glitter mixed with confetti shot out from the inside of the envelope. At least I opened it outside.

I opened the letter itself to see Fred's messy handwriting:

"Dear Y/n,

How've you been, love? I'm sorry that I haven't been able to send a reply to your recent letter, we've been busy with things that would be better explained in person than on parchment. Other than the fact that you'd be miserable without your weekly dose of Fred Weasley, I'm writing you to let you know to pack your trunk immediately after receiving this. You need to head to the address included in this letter as soon as possible to meet up with the lot. 12 Grimmauld Place, London.

See you soon,
Your boyfriend, Fred Weasley
(In case you forgot)"

I smiled before clutching the letter to my chest. Then I remembered the glitter and confetti, so I quickly brushed myself and the letter off. Great idea, Fred. Send glitter and confetti into a letter telling me to pack my things immediately.

I pet Errol before rushing back into my house to pack my things. I briefly explained the letter to my parents and they agreed to take me to the address.

~Time Skip~

I waved goodbye to my parents while watching their car drive away. I sat down my trunk before looking between the letter and the apartment building in front of me. Wait, there isn't an apartment 12?

I suddenly felt the presence of a group of people. I turned around when I heard a voice say, "Y/n?"

I smiled before saying, "Harry!"