Chapter 48: The Snake

Y/n - Your Name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

I laid awake in Fred and I's bed inside of Fred, George, and I's lonely tent. I'd been tossing and turning all night, trying desperately to fall asleep. After twenty more minutes I accepted that I wasn't going to fall asleep and sat up in the bed. I left the tent and quietly sat down outside. I stared at the mountains and sky while I let my thoughts consume me, waiting for the sun to rise.

I heard footsteps from behind me and didn't bother turning around as they approached me. Eventually they sat down next to me, revealing themselves as Hermione. We didn't speak at all, but I assumed that she couldn't sleep either. We both sat there, in hopes that Fred, George, and Ron would return.

Hermione and I sat in complete silence as the sun rose, realizing that we'd have to leave soon. One of the tents opened, followed by footsteps walking towards us. "Hermione, Y/n," Harry said from behind us, "It's time to get going."

Hermione and I sighed as we stood up. I turned to face Harry, "Can't we just stay an extra hour?"

"She's right," Hermione agreed, "What if they come back only to find out we're not here?"

Harry stared at us for a moment before nodding, "You're right. But we can't stay any longer than an hour, it's dangerous."

Hermione and I nodded before sitting back down in our spots, Harry walking back inside the tent. We both watched the surrounding area, desperate for any sight of the three gingers. But the hour quickly passed by, Harry exiting the tent once again and approaching us. "Hermione, Y/n," Harry said sympathetically.

I reluctantly turned to look at him as he finished, "We should go."

Hermione and I silently nodded, standing up and starting to pack our things. Harry took down their tent while I stared at mine, letting a tear fall down my cheek as I walked inside. I gathered all of things, including some that Fred and George had left in the rush of following Ron. Harry eventually helped me tear the tent down.

After we were finished with everything, Harry and I watched as Hermione silently took her scarf off and wrapped it around a tree, so that in case Fred, George, and Ron returned, they'd know that we'd left.

When she finished she walked over to us, standing between Harry and I. She grabbed both of our hands before we disapparated. The moment we arrived at the new camping spot I let go of her hand, quickly finding a spot on the ground to sit while I cried into my knees.

I heard sniffling coming from behind me, followed by Hermione sitting down directly next to me. "Salvio Hexia," Harry said as he enchanted the surrounding area, "Repellum Muggletum."

When Hermione and I stopped crying we set up the tent, while Harry finished the enchantments. I decided to sleep in their tent since it didn't make sense for me to have a tent all to myself, and truthfully, I didn't want to be alone. Hermione and I sat in silence from inside the tent as she tuned the radio, turning on a song as she curled up on the small stairs, staring at the radio.

Harry walked inside of the tent, staring at Hermione's crying figure as he sat down in a chair. I watched from my bed as Harry approached Hermione, holding out his hand. Hermione accepted his hand, holding onto both of them as she stood up.

He took the locket off of her neck, setting it onto one of their beds before holding her hands again. Harry brought her to the middle of the room and they started to dance along with the music. Hermione began to smile as they started taking turns spinning each other around.

They turned to me with smiles, holding out their hands for me to join. I shook my head and they nodded in understanding, starting to dance again. I was happy that they were having a moment to enjoy themselves, but I just wasn't in the mood to dance or laugh unless it was with Fred.