Chapter 8: The Mirror of Erised

Y/n: Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

The Great Hall was full of students and teachers as Dumbledore began to speak, "Sit down, please."

I sat next to Fred who was across from George as Dumbledore continued, "Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection."

Dumbledore waved as all of the flames in the room disappeared. He then walked up to the goblet as the blue flame turned red and shot out a piece of paper. He announced the three champions when the goblet's flame turned red and shot out another paper that Dumbledore read out loud, "Harry Potter?"

He received no reply. "Harry Potter?" he said a bit louder.

Harry began to sit down as Dumbledore yelled, "Harry Potter!"

Hermione shoved Harry forward and he began to walk to Dumbledore receiving some pretty nasty stares. "This doesn't feel right, Harry wouldn't put his name in the goblet. He's not the 'eternal glory' type," I whispered confused.

"Well however he's done it, I'm proud," Fred whispered back with a smirk.

I softly swatted him, "You couldn't possibly think that Harry put his own name in."

"Well then tell me how his name got in the goblet then," Ron said bitterly glaring at Harry.

I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

~Time skip~

I sat up from my bed after not being able to sleep for hours. As I started to lay back down I heard footsteps going down the stairs into the main room in the Gryffindor common room. I got intrigued and decided to see what it was.

As I left my dormitory I heard what seemed to be the end of an argument between Ron and Harry. Ron turned around and went back up the stairs to his dormitory. I went down the stairs and saw Harry sitting on a couch while facing the fireplace. I came up behind him and put my hand on his shoulder, "You know I believe you right?"

He looked up at me, "I'm glad you do but no one else does."

I gave him an apologetic smile and sat down next to him, "Give them time, they'll figure it out."

Harry looked back down at the fireplace as I said, "I'll be here no matter what, Harry. I'll help you figure out all of this Triwizard Tournament stuff. I'm almost as good as Hermione."

He looked at me and smiled, "You will?"

"Of course, what are friends for. Don't worry Hermione will help too," I said while nudging his arm.

After a few minutes of silence Harry spoke up, "Do you want to see something cool?"

"Sure, what is it?" I replied.

"It's in the Room of Requirement. I assume you know a secret passage to get there without involving Filtch?" he questioned.

I put my hand over my heart and did my best to act offended, "Why'd you assume that? Cause I'm best friends with the twins and we can't help but get into trouble?"

"Sorry, Y/n. But don't you?" he asked.

I smiled, "Of course I do, but is it alright if the twins come with? They'd have a fit if I went without them."

"That's fine," he nodded.

I walked up the stairs to Fred and George's dormitory. I creaked open the door and stepped inside. The dormitory consisted of Fred, George, Lee Jordan, and Kenneth Towler. Lee was one of the twins' friends so I knew he wouldn't tell anyone and Kenneth has been scared of them ever since Fred pranked him in his fifth year by putting bulbadox powder into his pajamas. Kenneth had boils all over his body afterwards, I couldn't help but laugh thinking about the incident.

I walked over to Fred's bed and sat down next to him while shaking him awake. He groaned and looked at me with one eye open, "Come on, Freddie. Let's go do something fun."

He opened both of his eyes and grabbed my wrist. I didn't have time to react before he lifted up the covers and pulled me under them with him. Fred wrapped his arm around my waist and I was really glad it was so dark in their dormitory or else it'd be embarrassing how much I was blushing. Even though I enjoyed the moment Harry was waiting for me and I didn't want anyone seeing this.

I turned over to face Fred while brushing hair out of his face. I smiled while looking at him. My fingers lingering on his face, "Come on, love. Harry's waiting for us."

He shot his eyes open to face me after hearing what I called him. I swallowed after realizing our faces were inches apart. He looked from my eyes to my lips and sighed, "Fine, I'm up."

Fred let me go and we both sat up. I leaned in towards him and said, "Thank you," before kissing him on the cheek.

As I stood up he raised his hand to his cheek and smiled. George was much easier to wake up as I mentioned the Room of Requirement, the Maurader's Map, and the invisibility cloak in the same sentence. I told them to meet Harry and I downstairs when they were ready and left the dormitory.

~Time skip~

Fred, George, Harry, and I finally arrived at the Room of Requirement. I walked in as Harry lifted up the invisibility cloak and George said, "Mischief managed."

"Follow me," Harry said motioning towards himself.

Everyone followed him until they came to an object under a cloth. Harry ripped off the cloth to reveal a mirror, "This is the Mirror of Erised, I came across it in my first year and then again when Ron, Hermione, and I protected the Philosopher's Stone."

I stepped towards it as he finished, "It shows you your heart's deepest desires."

I just saw myself until Fred formed next to me. I was leaned onto him holding his hand, then I noticed other figures. I gasped as I saw two children, one holding my free hand and one on Fred's shoulders.

I smiled as I saw George and his family with a girl who was in our year. I stepped away from the mirror and turned to the others. "So what'd you see?" George asked.

"Our future families, standing together," I replied failing to mention my familily was with Fred.

George went first, and then Fred. They both looked happy with what they saw, "So what'd you two see?" I asked curious.

Fred walked over to me smiling, "I saw George, and I standing by George and I's joke shop that had grown to be the most successful in the world. Even you were there, holding my-!"

He stopped before quickly correcting himself, "My suitcase!"

Little did I know, he failed to mention me holding onto his arm while we both wore engagement rings.

George also walked over smirking, "Weird, I saw nearly exactly the same thing. Except you two were all over each other and I was bloody rich from the money I got from the shop."

We all started laughing until it was time to go back to the common room. I took one last look into the mirror, looking into the desired Fred's eyes while smiling. I turned and walked to the real Fred as he put his arm over my shoulder.

Word Count: 1,226