Chapter 44: The Wedding

Y/n - Your Name
R/c - Random Color
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the floorboards creaking outside of the room Fred, George, and I were sleeping in. I opened my eyes and lifted my head out of the crook of Fred's neck. He had his right hand wrapped around my waist and his legs intertwined with mine, while my arms were around his neck. I heard a door from downstairs open and close quietly, followed by a different set of footsteps coming from outside our door.

Curious as to who was leaving the house, I carefully pried Fred's arms off of me and untangled our legs. As I sat up from the bed I heard the front door open again, but not close. I quietly stood up from the bed, exiting the room and walking down the stairs. When I reached the open door I noticed Harry and Ron outside, seeming to be in the middle of a conversation as Harry carried a satchel.

"Come with me," Harry suggested.

"What, and leave Hermione? Are you mad? We wouldn't last two days without her," Ron paused, looking back at the Burrow and somehow not seeing me and turning back to Harry, "Don't tell her I said that."

Harry shook his head lightly before Ron continued, "Besides, you've still got the trace on you. We've still got the wedding."

I decided I didn't want to eavesdrop on what was clearly a private conversation so I began turning around before Harry spoke again. "Look, I don't care about a wedding. I'm sorry, no matter whose it is. I have to start finding these Horcruxes," Harry began to explain loudly, causing me to turn back around confused, "They're our only chance to beat him, and the longer we stay here, the stronger he gets."

I began to walk out of the doorway as Ron walked towards Harry saying, "Tonight's not the night, mate. We'd only be doing him a favor."

They seemed to not notice me as I got closer, Harry dropping his satchel and facing away from Ron and I. Ron picked up the satchel from the ground as I reached them, asking, "Horcruxes?"

Harry and Ron immediately turned to look at me, their eyes wide while both shouting, "Y/n!"

"What's a Horcrux?" I asked when they didn't say anything else.

"I can't tell you," Harry explained looking down at the ground, "Dumbledore told me no one could know."

"Well, I know it has to do with Voldemort from the way you two were talking," I said while walking up to Harry, putting my hand on his arm comfortingly, "You might as well let me help since I've already heard what it is your looking for."

Harry sighed, seeming to consider telling me for a while before saying, "It's dark magic. It's an object that a dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of their soul in, henceforth making themselves immortal."

"And how many Horcruxes has Voldemort made?" I asked, concerned as I removed my hand from his arm.

Harry swallowed hard before saying, "Seven, two have already been destroyed."

We sat in silence for a moment before I nudged Harry back towards the house, "Well, we've got to start somewhere."

"We've?" Harry asked as we walked.

"Yes, we. I'm going to help you," I said.

Harry stopped to look at me for a moment, "Are you serious?"

"Of course I am," I said nudging him.

We all continued to walk, Harry shaking his head lightly. "Do you think he knows?" Ron asked, "I mean, they're bits of his soul, these Horcruxes, bits of him."