Chapter 51: The Shell Cottage

Y/n - Your Name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and I were sitting at a table in silence, Harry standing outside. The silence broke when Luna approached a wind chime, running her hands through the different shells and producing different noises. "It's beautiful here," Luna said to Bill and Fleur, who were standing in the kitchen.

"It was our aunt's," Bill responded, setting cups onto another table, "We used to come here as kids. The Order uses it now as a safe house."

Bill looked over at Fleur before continuing, "What's left of us, at least."

"Muggles think these keep evil away, but they're wrong," Luna said, referring to the wind chime, while Harry entered the house.

"I need to talk to the goblin," Harry said as he stood next to Luna.

"Alright," Bill said as he walked over to Harry, causing all of us to stand up from the table.

We all followed Bill upstairs and into a specific room. After we all entered, Bill left the room, closing it behind him. "How are you?" Harry asked Griphook, who was sitting in a chair with his eyes closed, clasping his hands together.

"Alive," Griphook answered as he opened his eyes.

"You probably don't remember-" Harry started.

"That I showed you to your vault the first time you came to Gringotts?" Griphook interrupted, Harry walking closer to the goblin as he unclasped his hands, "Even amongst goblins you're famous, Harry Potter."

Harry looked out of a window as Griphook said surprised, "You buried the elf."

"Yes," Harry said as he nodded.

"And brought me here," Griphook paused, "You are a very unusual wizard."

The room went silent for a moment before Griphook clasped his hands back together, pointing with one finger towards the sword of Gryffindor, asking, "How did you come by this sword?"

"It's complicated," Harry answered, looking from the sword to Griphook, "Why did Bellatrix Lestrange think it should be in her vault at Gringotts?"

Just hearing her name sent shivers down my spine as I thought back on the moment, my eyes glancing at the permanent scar on my arm. "It's complicated," Griphook said rudely, earning a scoff from Fred and George.

"The sword presented itself to us in a moment of need," Harry explained, "We didn't steal it."

"There is a sword in Madam Lestrange's vault identical to this one," Griphook explained, "But it is a fake. It was placed there this past summer."

"And she never suspected it was a fake?" Harry asked, confused.

"The replica is very convincing," Griphook answered, "Only a goblin would recognize that this is the true sword of Gryffindor."

"Who is the acquaintance?" Hermione asked.

"A Hogwarts professor," Griphook said, turning his head slightly towards us before looking back at Harry, "As I understand it, he is now headmaster."

We all exchanged confused glances before Ron asked, "Snape?"

"Snape put a fake sword in Bellatrix's vault?" I asked, confused.

"Why would he do that?" Fred and George asked in unison, crossing their arms.

"There are more than a few curious things in the vaults at Gringotts," Griphook answered.