Chapter 20: The Third Task

Y/n - Your name
Y/l/n - Your last name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

I woke up in my boyfriend's arms. I'll never get over calling him that.

The night before today Fred, George, and I finished our last day of detention for the fireworks. The detention might've been longer if it wasn't for the third task. I've been sleeping in Fred's dorm a lot and this was one of those days.

Fred had his arms wrapped around my waist and his chin on my the top of my head. I turned around to face him before he groaned and leaned into me. "Fred, love. It's time to get ready for the third task," I whispered moving his hair out of his face.

He opened his eyes and smiled saying, "I love when you call me that."

I lightly smiled before I gave him a quick peck on his lips. Suddenly a pillow was thrown into our faces. "This is my dorm too, I don't want to wake up to you two snogging everyday!" George said laughing.

Fred rolled his eyes before quickly getting out of his bed and playfully tackling George. They play fought while I sat up on the bed laughing, "You two act like children."

I stood up and gathered my things to go and get changed for the third task, "I'll be right back."

"Bring the face paint will you, love?" Fred asked still fighting with George.

"Yeah, will you, Y/n?" George said.

"Yes, get dressed," I said chuckling while leaving the room.

After I finished getting dressed I asked Hermione, "Do you still have the red face paint from the World Cup?"

"Yes, Y/n, I do. Let me go get it from my things," she said lightly smiling.

Hermione handed me the face paint before I walked back to Fred and George's dorm. As I walked in George shouted at me while covering up his chest, "Have you ever heard of knocking, Y/l/n?"

I chuckled before playfully hitting him, "Don't get your knickers in a wad, Georgie."

They both laughed before I walked over to Fred who was sitting on his bed. I sat down next to him lightly grabbing his face. I wrote Harry's initials on each of Fred's cheeks and Potter on his forehead. "There," I said before standing up and walking to the non-shirtless George.

I pointed to George's bed and he sat down on it. I sat down next to him and wrote the same things I wrote on Fred's face onto George's. "And there," I said ruffling George's hair.

I stood in front of the mirror in their dorm prepared to do my face myself when Fred grabbed my wrist smiling, "Let me do it."

"Fine," I said sitting down on Fred's bed.

I felt Fred write something on my forehead and cheeks in the cold face paint. I looked at the mirror and saw that this time he did exactly what I wrote on the twins. "Thank you, love," I said walking over to him.

Fred grabbed my right hand and wrote 'Future Weasley' on the top of my hand. "It's perfect," I said when I realized what he wrote.

"Alright, come on. The task is going to start soon," George said chuckling while motioning towards the door.

Fred intertwined my hand in his and we walked through the door.

~Time Skip~

We'd arrived at the place the third task was being held, I was sat between the twins like usual. The champions and their mentors were all in the center behind Dumbledore. Music played while the crowd had conversations.

Dumbledore silenced the crowd before saying, "Earlier today, Professor Moody hid the Triwizard Cup deep in the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory-"

Students cheered for Cedric, cutting Dumbledore off. "And Mr. Potter-" he tried to continue before students began to cheer for Harry, including myself.

"Are tied for first position. They will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum-" Dumbledore continued, being cut off again by cheering.

"And Ms. Delacour. The first person to touch the cup, will be the winner!" Dumbledore shouted.

The crowd erupted in cheering before he continued, "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands."

Dumbledore then spoke to the champions in the center about the dangers of the maze. He then sent Harry and Cedric to their starting positions. Dumbledore then counted down but Filtch ruined it by setting off the cannon too early.

I watched while Harry nervously entered the maze. He looked back at the crowd as the maze entrance closed behind him, now we wait.

The music had played for a while but eventually stopped after a feminine scream came from the maze. A few moments after the scream, red sparks were shot up from some area in the maze. I hope they're alright.

~Time Skip~

Eventually Fleur and Krum had returned from the maze. But where's Harry and Cedric?

I layed my head on Fred's shoulder and shortly after I did he held my hand. I looked up at him and he gave me a quick peck on my lips. I pouted at the length of the kiss before saying, "Tease."

Fred chuckled at my response as George playfully shoved us saying, "Get a room."

I put on an expression of shock on my face and placed my hand onto my heart, "George, you've practically been begging us to snog since third year and now you want to complain?"

George looks between us for a couple seconds before saying, "Yes," with a smirk.

There was a sudden noise and we all turned our heads to it. It's Harry and Cedric! They're back!

The crowd began to cheer loudly and the music began to play again. Why is Harry clinging to Cedric like that?

The twins and I stood up to get a better look, still cheering for them. We stopped in front of them when we realized Harry was crying.

I covered my mouth as I realized why he was crying. I turned to the Fred and George, "Cedric's dead."

Fleur screamed and Dumbledore rushed over to Harry and Cedric's body. He tried to pry Harry off of Cedric but he wouldn't budge. The music stopped and the cheering began to decrease.

Harry then shouted, "He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back!"

His words silenced the crowd as he continued, "Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him there, not there!"

Dumbledore grabbed Harry's sobbing face saying, "It's alright, Harry. It's alright. He's home. You both are."

I stared in awe at what I just witnessed and heard. I suddenly remembered Amos as he ran towards his son's dead body, "That's my son! That's my boy!"

Amos collapsed in front of Cedric's lifeless face saying, "It's my boy!"

I was never close to Cedric but I had classes with him in the past, he was one of the first people I spoke to on the Hogwarts Express when we were both first years. Cedric didn't deserve what happened to him and the pain his father was experiencing was enough to make me tear up and lean into Fred.

Amos yelled out in pain as Dumbledore attempted to comfort him, "No!"

I watched as Moody began dragging Harry out. I looked over to the twins and we began to walk out with them, Amos didn't need all of these people around him while he mourned. It was a private moment for him, so we left.

Word Count: 1,289