Chapter 19: The Fireworks

Y/n: Your name
Y/l/n: Your last name
Y/o/n: Your owl's name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

I woke up in the Gryffindor common room and immidiately smelled that familiar scent; cinnamon, fireworks, and burning wood. I opened my eyes to see Fred's face, not even inches away. I must've moved higher up in my sleep because my forehead had been resting on his cheek.

I moved my head up off of his face and admired him for a few moments. I traced the side of his face with my finger. He's so perfect.

I leaned in to his face and kissed his cheek softly before whispering, "I love you, Fred."

He lightly smiled as I brushed his hair out of his face. I looked around the room and saw that it was night, we'd been asleep for a while. Since it wasn't morning I decided to go back to sleep to soak up more time cuddling with Fred.

~Time Skip~

I woke up again but this time to whispering. I slightly opened my eyes to see it was morning and I was no longer on top of Fred. Then a whisper broke me away from my thoughts, "George, I want to ask her tonight," it was Fred whispering.

Ask who what? I thought.

There was a moment of silence between the twins before George responded, "I think that can be arranged."

"Brilliant! Thank you, can you grab the stuff we'll need while I wake her up?" Fred asked.

George agreed before I heard footsteps receeding up the boys' dorms stairs. I quickly closed my eyes before I felt Fred lift my head slightly. He sat down where my head previously was before setting my head back onto his lap.

As Fred began to move my hair out of my face I opened my eyes to look up at him. "Good morning, love," he said smiling.

I smiled back at him, "Good morning, Freddie."

I took his free hand into mine and pulled it up to my face. "Everyone's already gone to the Great Hall for breakfast, would you like to go aswell?" Fred asked me.

"Let me get ready first," I said sitting up, still holding his hand.

Fred and I stared at each other for a while before I gave him a small smile and stood up. I let go of his hand and walked up the stairs to my dorm.

After I finished getting dressed Fred walked me to the Great Hall holding my hand the entire time. As I walked through the door I was suddenly jerked back.

Fred had pulled me away from the door, he smiled before lightly pulling me into him. He kissed my forehead before moving back from me saying, "I'll be right back, love."

Fred walked away from me backwards while pointing at me saying, "And don't forget to eat something!"

I smiled as I watched him walk away. I turned around and shook my head as I walked back towards the Great Hall.

As I looked around the Great Hall I noticed George wasn't there either. What are you two up to?

I then heard Hermione calling me over breaking me out of my thoughts, "Y/n, over here!"

~Time Skip~

I walked back to the common room alone. Fred and George had been strangely distant today, after each class they'd run off to some unknown location. I had to literally grab onto Fred to ask if I could come with, just to be told I couldn't come.

As I walked into the common room there was a few third and first years, still no sign of the twins. I sighed and walked to my dorm. I flopped down onto my bed after I changed out of my robes. I wonder where Fred and George are.

I decided to work on my homework for the first time in a while. I sat down at my desk and stared at the questions. I'm fairly smart so it was easy work I was using to distract me from wondering about the twins.

The sun had started to set right as I finished the fourth assignment. I then heard a tap on my window, I turned my head to the source of the sound and it was, Y/o/n. I opened the window confused before Y/o/n flew in.

Y/o/n flew above my desk, dropping a letter onto it, before sitting on it's perch. I walked over to the desk and sat down, picking up the letter. The front of the letter read, 'To: Y/n Y/l/n'.

Immediately I could tell that it was Fred's handwriting. I lightly brushed over the lettering smiling before opening the letter.

As I opened the letter glitter flew into the air around me, but not getting on me. How considerate, Freddie. Don't get the glitter on me but get it over my entire dorm.

I chuckled as I brushed the glitter off of the letter. It read, 'Meet me at the Astronomy Tower in an hour. - Your favorite Weasley'

"Okay, Weasley," I said out loud as I began to stand up to clean my dorm.

~Time Skip~

After I finished cleaning I headed to the Astronomy Tower, barely avoiding Filtch and his cat. As I opened the door I said, "Fred?"

The door completely opened without me receiving a response. I looked around the room to see lit candles and that same glitter from my dorm falling from the ceiling, not getting on me. Still no sign of my "favorite Weasley."

After searching the entire room I walked over to the balcony. As I stared up at the stars something red zoomed towards me. I moved my hand to shield my eyes as a tiny firework popped lightly, directly in front of me into a few hearts.

I moved my hand to the side to look at the hearts. Then I heard laughter as two brooms zoomed past me. I'd know that loud laughter anywhere.

Fred and George were uncontrollably laughing as they took turns throwing fireworks into the air. I watched in awe as one was thrown to the left and it turned into a picture of my face made out of fireworks.

I smiled before another was thrown to the right and it turned into a picture of Fred also made out of fireworks. Then both Fred and George flew between the pictures, throwing fireworks that looked to be spelling words.

As the words formed I gasped before covering my mouth. They read, 'Y/n Y/l/n, will you be my girlfriend?'

George stayed above the fireworks on his broom as Fred flew down to the balcony. I removed my hands from my face and placed them onto the railing. Fred smirked still on his broom, inching closer to me, "So what do you say?"

I smiled like an idiot before saying, "Of course I will, Freddie! What took you so long?"

Fred smiled and lifted my chin, leaning towards me. The space between our lips was finally filled. I felt like electricity was flowing through my body as our lips moved in sync.

After a few moments of finally kissing Fred I heard George's crazy cheering before he set off another firework. We pulled away and stared at each other, "I love you, Y/n," Fred said smiling.

I grazed his face with my hand, "I love you too, Freddie."

Fred flew backwards slightly before turning the broom around. I looked at him confused before he turned his head to look at me, still not fully facing me. "You want on, love?" Fred asked smirking.

I chuckled, "Of course I want on!"

Fred backed the broom up to me as I carefully climbed on top of the railing. I cautiously got onto Fred's broom and wrapped my arms around him.

He laughed before zooming towards the images of us still in the sky. We went through the fireworks and flew towards George, who threw us extra fireworks.

We each took turns setting them off but had to leave at some point or else we'd definitely get detention. If they didn't already know it was us from the gigantic images of us that had been in the sky. But who cares about detention, I'm dating Fred Weasley.

Word Count: 1,394