Chapter 52: The Break-In

Y/n - Your Name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

When we apparated to Diagon Alley everyone but Fred and I let go of each other. I walked forward, looking down an alley as a man in full black walked by. The man looked at me, causing Fred to immediately let go of my hand. The man bowed towards me, saying, "Madam Lestrange."

I went to respond politely when I remembered I had Bellatrix's appearance. I responded to the man with a scowl, causing him to quickly walk away. I turned to look at Fred, walking with him back down to where the others were standing. "Okay," Harry said, bending down for Griphook to get on his back, "Let's do it."

After Griphook got on his back Ron threw the Invisibility Cloak over them, following after Hermione, Fred, George, and I. We walked down Diagon Alley, noticing that it was nearly unrecognizable. Many shops were boarded up, some Dark Arts shops in their place.

I looked over at Fred and George as we walked, their eyes filled with sadness as they saw their shop. I grazed my hand sneakily against Fred's to comfort him, causing a small smile to appear on his face.

We entered Gringotts, slowly walking to the counter. I cleared my throat while crossing my arms, the goblin, named Ricbert, not looking up from his book. "I wish to enter my fault," I said rudely, putting a scowl onto my face.

"Identification?" Ricbert asked, not looking up at me.

I scoffed, "I hardly think that'll be necessary."

Ricbert looked up, panic spreading across his face as he saw me, saying, "Madam Lestrange."

"Goblin," I addressed him, looking him up and down.

Ricbert turned around, walking away from the counter. "I don't like to be kept waiting," I said rudely.

"They know," Griphook whispered to Harry, "They know she's an impostor. They've been warned."

I heard footsteps approaching us slowly, causing Fred and George to stand closer to me. "Harry," Hermione whispered.

"What do we do, Harry?" Ron whispered, the fear in his voice evident.

Ricbert returned with another goblin, named Bogrod, who said, "Madam Lestrange, would you mind presenting your wand?"

"And why should I do that?" I asked, trying not to panic.

"It's the bank's policy. I'm sure you understand given the current climate," Bogrod answered.

"No," I responded with venom in my voice, "I most certainly do not understand."

"I'm afraid, I must insist," Bogrod said.

I swallowed, scowling at the goblin, beginning to panic as the footsteps got closer. "Imperio," Harry whispered, nearly inaudible, Draco's wand visible from under the cloak.

Bogrod inhaled deeply before sighing, "Very well, Madam Lestrange. If you will follow me."

As we entered the room with the carts Harry took off the Invisibility Cloak, letting Griphook off of his back. "We need Bogrod to operate the cart," Griphook said, gesturing to the other goblin.

Shouting was heard inside the bank so we all quickly clambered into a cart, Griphook forcing Bogrod to quickly set it off. The cart barreled down the tracks, spinning and turning with ease. We entered a cave, going near a waterfall as Harry asked, "What is that, Griphook?"

Griphook began slowing down the cart, in order to stop it, but ultimately being too late as we went straight into the waterfall. The cart stopped, all of us drenched in water as a small light extended out of the cart, beginning to blare an alarm.