Chapter 4: The Top Hat

Y/n - Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

We finally got to the top of the stadium and to the seats Arthur got everyone after having an altercation with the Malfoys. I stood in between the twins right as the Irish flew out and everyone started pointing out the players. A dancing leprechaun appeared in the sky just before the Bulgarians flew right through it.

Then a player from the Bulgarian team started to show off and do tricks on his broom, Ginny asked, "Who's that?"

To which George replied, "That sis, is the best seeker in the world."

Everyone got even more excited as people started chanting Krum while creating a giant picture of Krum in the audience. Fred turned to me and said "Here," while placing his top hat onto my head.

"Why give it to me?" I asked while adjusting the hat.

"I figured it would look better on you," he replied with a smile.

I smiled and turned towards the game, placing my hands on the railing while the Minister began speaking. The game began and both of the twins got closer to the railing. They both simultaneously grabbed the railing, except Fred grabbed onto my hand on accident. He quickly realized and let go of my hand out of embarrassment.

I looked at him and he looked down at the ground. I lightly smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him closer to me and the railing. He smiled back and we watched the rest of the game like that.

~Time skip~

After the game the twins were dancing while pretending to play flutes when Ron interrupted them and said, "There's no one like Krum!"

The twins and Harry started saying, "Krum," in a deep voice repeatedly.

Ron continued, "He's like a bird the way he rides the wind!"

The twins started repeating, "Krum," in that same voice while flapping their arms like a bird and circling Ron.

"He's more than an athlete-," Ron says as Fred throws an Irish themed cape onto him.

Ron continued as he took the cape off of him, "He's an artist!"

Ginny then says, "I think you're in love, Ron."

"Ah shut up," Ron says back.

George started a song to make fun of Ron, "Viktor I love you!"

"Viktor I do!" Fred continues.

Then as Harry and I joined in with the twins saying, "When we're apart my heart beats only for you!" Fred comes over and wraps his arm around me.

Fred then stops singing and adjusts the top hat that was on my head while saying, "Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on," because of the growing yells from outside.

Arthur storms in and stops George and Ron from fighting while saying, "Stop, stop it!"

He comes over to Fred and I and says worriedly, "It's not the Irish".

Arthur grabs Ginny and says, "We've got to get out of here. Now!"

The moment I stepped outside of the tent it was chaos, there were screams and the site was filled with fire. Arthur franticlly yells, "Get back to the portkey everybody and stick together! Fred, George! Ginny and Y/n are your responsibility."

As Arthur said that Fred grabbed my hand and George wrapped his arm around Ginny. We started to run into a large group of people. Not everyone was going in the same direction so people trying to go the opposite direction crashed into me forcing me to fall backwards, seperating my hand from Fred's.

I looked up from the ground to see Fred franticlly trying to get passed the people but only being pushed farther away from me while yelling, "Y/n!"

Eventually I couldnt see him at all. I went to stand up and raised my hand to my head because I felt dizzy. I realized Fred's top hat had dissappeared. I felt a trickle of blood on my forehead while I looked in the area I was in for his top hat. I gave up on the hat and focused on finding Fred.

Fred's POV:

"How could I have lost her? I am such a bloody idiot!" I said while I pushed past people.

"It's not your fault, mate," George said empathetically as he followed me.

"Don't worry, Fred. We'll find Y/n, she could be safe with Harry," she said rubbing my back.

I finally passed by all the leftover people and noticed something green on the charred ground, as I got closer I kneeled down and realized it was my top hat that Y/n had been wearing. I quickly stood up with the hat in my hand and yelled, "Y/n!"

I kept walking while repeating her name until I heard, "Fred?" in the distance.

I smiled and ran towards where I heard her voice. I turned a corner to see her staring right at me. We both ran to each other and wrapped our arms around each other. I ran my hands through her hair while asking, "Are you okay, Y/n?"

She pulled away and said, "Perfectly fine," while smiling up at me.

"Oh, and I think this belongs to you," I said while placing my top hat on her head.

~Time skip~

"Where's Harry, Ron, and Hermione?" she asked sitting beside me against a tree.

"Ron and Hermione went to find Harry while we went to find you," George responded.

"Oh, well if you don't mind I'm quite tired and would like to rest until they get here," Y/n said.

"Here, love," I said as I smoothed and cleaned off my lap.

She smiled before setting her head down. A little after she had gone to sleep I found myself running my hand through her hair. I was moving her hair from her face to see the dirty face paint. I smiled while looking at the writing I wrote earlier which was nearly illegible.

I looked up when I heard George say, "You have to tell her someday, mate."

"What do you mean?" I responded.

"Fred, come on. You've been in love with her since our third year," he said.

I looked down at her sleeping, "What if she doesn't feel the same?"

"She does, trust me," George said while smirking.

Word Count: 1,041