Chapter: 17 The Yule Ball

Y/n - Your Name
F/c - Favorite Color
D/l - Dress Length
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

"You look gorgeous, Y/n!" Hermione said before pulling you into a quick hug.

"Yeah, my brother's lucky to be going with you," Ginny says joining the hug.

I laughed while exiting the hug before walking to the mirror. I was wearing a d/l dress with f/c heels to match the dress.

"Well I have to go, Neville's waiting for me," Ginny said smiling before exiting the dorm.

"Don't forget to be use protection!" Ginny shouted from outside the door.

Hermione and I laughed before I said, "Are you ready?"

"I guess," she said taking a hold of my arm.

The common room was empty so we just went straight to the Great Hall. As we reached the corner I got nervous and stopped walking, causing Hermione to also stop.

She seemed to understand and was feeling the same way. She peeked around the corner so I did the same. Harry was standing there with the rest of the champions and their dates.

Hermione looked back at me before we both started to walk down the stairs cautiously. When we reached the bottom of the stairs Viktor approached Hermione before bowing stiffly. He then held out his arm and she accepted it with a small smile.

I lightly smiled and walked over to Harry. Hermione nervously waved to us before I turned to Harry, "Are you ready?"

He looked nervous while saying, "As ready as I'll ever be," holding out his arm.

I accepted his arm as the doors into the Great Hall began to open. As we entered everyone began clapping and music began to play. As we walked I noticed Fred staring at me, his mouth slightly open, standing next to George who was laughing at his brother.

When Fred and I made eye contact he winked while smiling. I smiled back before turning my attention to the center of the room. The Great Hall looked beautiful, there were enchanted snowflakes falling from the ceiling and ice sculptures everywhere.

As all the champions and their dates reached the center the music stopped. I turned to Harry and realized he had no clue what to do, he looked at me with an expression that read 'help me'.

I said chuckling, "Harry, take my waist," while taking one of his hands into mine and putting my spare on his shoulder.

He reluctantly took hold of my waist as the ballroom music began. We danced messily since Harry was just attempting to follow the lead of the other champions. More people began to enter the center of the room with their dates, including George and Angelina.

After the ballroom dancing a band began to play their music, turning the previous crowd into a mosh pit. Harry said a small thanks before sitting down with Ron and his date. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see none other than, Fred Weasley.

"You look really beautiful, love," Fred said smiling.

"Thank you, Freddie. You don't look bad yourself," I said smiling up at him.

"How about we go and have fun now?" Fred said smirking, holding out his hand.

I smiled and took his hand. As we entered the crowd I saw Hermione with Krum having the time of her life, I couldn't help but smile. Fred and I began dancing crazily together, even thrashing our heads, all while laughing and making fun of George's dancing.

Eventually we got tired and decided to go and get drinks. We left the crowd, me hugging onto his arm still laughing, to see Hermione asking Harry and Ron if they wanted to join her and Viktor. We watched as Ron snapped back at Hermione.

"I know you want to go and intervene so I'll go get the drinks," Fred said smirking.

I smiled and walked over to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "What's got your wand in a knot, Ronald?" I asked crossing my arms standing next to the sitting Hermione.

Ron looked at me like it was obvious, "He's a Durmstrang. She's fraternizing with the enemy."

Hermione quickly said, "The enemy? Who was it wanting his autograph?"

I struggled not to laugh at Ron's defeated face as she continued, "Besides, the whole point of the tournament is international magical cooperation. To make friends."

I walked behind them putting my weight on the back of Harry's chair. "I think he's got a bit more than friendship on his mind," Ron muttered under his breath.

"Ronald!" I looked at Ron disgusted swatting him lightly.

Everyone went silent as Hermione stood up and went back to Viktor. As the girl Ron had brought to the ball began to speak to him I saw Fred with our drinks and walked over to him.

We sat down to drink our drinks and I told him what happened before asking, "I know Ron fancies her but why does he have to be a total git about it?"

"I guess he just doesn't know how to express his feelings the right way," Fred said staring at me.

We sat in silence for a moment until a slow song started playing. I looked up to see Fred standing, his hand extended saying, "I never did get that slow dance."

I smiled and took his hand. Fred put his hand on my waist and was naturally much better at dancing than Harry. It felt more right and comfortable with Fred. I laid my head on his chest. I should tell him.

"Hey, Freddie," I started reluctantly looking up at him.

"Yeah, love?" he asked looking back down at me.

"I'm really glad I met you," I continued looking down at the floor.

"Im glad I met you too," Fred said smiling.

I paused for a moment engulfed in nervousness before looking up at his face again, "I really like you, Fred. More than a friend type of like."

Fred went wide eyed and opened his mouth a bit out of shock. He had a delayed reaction as if waiting for me to say it was a joke. When I didn't say anything else he said, "Wait really?"

I slowly looked up at Fred's smiling face saying, "Yeah, since fourth year," before looking back down.

He lifted my face with his hand, "I've felt the exact same way for years."

I smiled like an idiot as his response as we started to lean in. Before we could get any closer we heard Ron and Hermione practically yelling at each other while exiting the Great Hall, causing us to look in their direction.

When we looked back at each other he smiled before saying, "It's fine, love. You can go, I get it."

"I'm really sorry, Freddie. I have to check up on her," I said before starting to walk away.

I stopped before turning around and walking back up to Fred. I quickly ran up to him and stood up on my tippy toes to give him a kiss on the cheek. I held his face saying, "We'll finish this later."

I walk away from a blushing Fred to go and find Hermione. She was sobbing on the stairs without her heels on. I quickly sat down next to her and wrapped her in a hug, "I'm always here, Hermione."

She said a quiet, "Thank you, Y/n," before hugging me.

Word Count: 1,239